US Harper's Bazaar May 2018 : Gigi Hadid by Mariano Vivanco

Pre-fall is considered High summer technically and the clothes are usually in-stores around May/June so magazines will promote them. Keep in mind Resort clothes are promoted in magazines as early as November followed by Spring/Summer in January and unless you’re living in the south it’s rather unrealistic lol.

It would make more sense if magazines waited until the clothes were actually in stores when a feature could lead to direct sales. I remember British Vogue wouldn’t even run fall clothes until August. July being their summer issue. This is just magazines trying to feature the clothes before other magazines or celebrities wear them and it’s getting ridiculous.

the POWER POSE editorial is sooooo quintessential Harper´s Bazaar US! I love it. Seeing this issue, which is far from great lol... I have to say they showed MUCH BETTER the clothes than US Vogue.

It would make more sense if magazines waited until the clothes were actually in stores when a feature could lead to direct sales. I remember British Vogue wouldn’t even run fall clothes until August. July being their summer issue. This is just magazines trying to feature the clothes before other magazines or celebrities wear them and it’s getting ridiculous.

But consider the fact that this is an issue dedicated to the month of May, so to sort of speak in some fast paced city like New York, London, etc. By the time we get in to that month the clothes will be in-store and ready for purchase! We are living in a fast pace world so as the consumer they expect things sooner in-store therefore the magazines will promote that in anticipation.

I love POWER POSE ed, gives me a classic vibe, kinda 30s/40s american fashion, very graphic.
But the main ed, oh,no.
What's up with the Gigi and "big" theme? Vogue Japan did exactly the same this month, putting a Luigi & Iango x Gigi shoot on the cover (for the 48th time)

Gigi's edit makes me think of Christmas. I hate Christmas. Plus it's only May....

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vejjehejrh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->