US Harper's Bazaar May 2018 : Gigi Hadid by Mariano Vivanco

Discussion in 'Magazines' started by badgalcrush, Apr 11, 2018.

1. A.D.C.

A.D.C. Well-Known Member

It would make more sense if magazines waited until the clothes were actually in stores when a feature could lead to direct sales. I remember British Vogue wouldn’t even run fall clothes until August. July being their summer issue. This is just magazines trying to feature the clothes before other magazines or celebrities wear them and it’s getting ridiculous.

2. Bertrando3

Bertrando3 Well-Known Member

the POWER POSE editorial is sooooo quintessential Harper´s Bazaar US! I love it. Seeing this issue, which is far from great lol... I have to say they showed MUCH BETTER the clothes than US Vogue.

3. GERGIN

GERGIN Well-Known Member

But consider the fact that this is an issue dedicated to the month of May, so to sort of speak in some fast paced city like New York, London, etc. By the time we get in to that month the clothes will be in-store and ready for purchase! We are living in a fast pace world so as the consumer they expect things sooner in-store therefore the magazines will promote that in anticipation.

4. celloiof

celloiof Member

I love POWER POSE ed, gives me a classic vibe, kinda 30s/40s american fashion, very graphic.
    But the main ed, oh,no.
    What's up with the Gigi and "big" theme? Vogue Japan did exactly the same this month, putting a Luigi & Iango x Gigi shoot on the cover (for the 48th time)

5. Simera

Simera Active Member

Gigi's edit makes me think of Christmas. I hate Christmas. Plus it's only May....

6. GivenchyHomme

GivenchyHomme Well-Known Member

You better wake up Vogue, you're not looking so hot. :evil:

7. brikin

brikin Member

i love the red shoes editorial!!! it's very bazaar UK