US InStyle August 2020 : Drew Barrymore by Drew Barrymore

I like the tshirt and jeans hate the expression and retouching.

I do like InStyle but I feel like when the team can't come up with cover tag line they would resort to Badass Women. I mean yes,I'm all here for it but let's not put it on the covers every single damn issue. As for this cover, well it's a choice.

So this forum opens for everyone and suddenly there are fake editor in chief profiles floating around? I love it! Someone should do Anna next :lol:

Drew looks like a mess and this cover just reflects that.

So this forum opens for everyone and suddenly there are fake editor in chief profiles floating around? I love it! Someone should do Anna next :lol:
pretty sure it's not fake.. I've been around for too long and a bit 'bts' to know these angry/passive-aggressive profiles are 99% of the time real.. it's been many years since the last time we were open but this reminded me that this used to happen all the time, they'd quickly register, fire back in 2-3 posts and gtfo lol. When we closed, other 'high profile' peeps would register but they tended to stick around, completely disguised and always targeting the same 'industry rival', that was probably they whole reason they were here.. to try to get ~the internet~ to post nasty comments about someone they had some beef with.

Lol. It would be rather silly of them to pull such stunts now because current members on here are far too opinionated to hop on a bandwagon and blindly bash someone without much cause.
Doesn't mean some don't try though....:innocent:

^ yeah, it never worked out, plus their posting style, as seen in the previous page, screamed less authority and more ‘your aunt just found out what a forum is’.

Reactions: KoV
US InStyle August 2020

Ms. Sunshine

Photographer & Cast: Drew Barrymore
Stylist: Julia Von Boehm

US InStyle Digital Edition

Last edited:
That profile shot of Drew is stunning. Like a Pre-Raphaelite beauty.

Special Cover: Dr Anthony Fauci by Frankie Alduino

^ that’s in such poor taste, I cannot even fathom how Dr. Fauci agreed to that.

Dr. Fauci on the cover of Instyle is a weird choice. But how is it in poort taste?

Maybe because it's not exactly the right time for him to be appearing on the cover of fashion magazines. Not when the country who he consults for is leading this pandemic with the most cases and deaths.
But personally, this InStyle coup (congrats Laura!) is yet another sign of how Radhika's VF doesn't quite hold the same amount of sway on politics and pop culture. That Laura managed to nab this exclusive is telling.

yet another sign of how Radhika's VF doesn't quite hold the same amount of sway on politics and pop culture. That Laura managed to nab this exclusive is telling.

Or maybe Radhika wasn't just interested?

Though this is giving me the same energy as that woman's "I really don't care" jacket - insensitive

Or maybe Radhika wasn't just interested?

Could be. But it would have made more sense in Vanity Fair.
The above cover is a web exclusive btw, it doesn't appear in the August issue at all.

Could be. But it would have made more sense in Vanity Fair.
The above cover is a web exclusive btw, it doesn't appear in the August issue at all.

Also, considering the fact how CN is staying away from anyone involved in this administration

Dr. Fauci on the cover of Instyle is a weird choice. But how is it in poort taste?

He’s the leading epidemiologist in the country, working for the federal government in the midst of a pandemic that has killed 141,000 Americans in a matter of just a few months, with those numbers currently rising dramatically. Should the blame for that all be foisted on Dr. Fauci? Of course not. But he has had some public failings, such as greatly downplaying the threat of the virus in the first month or two, and participating in the “Don’t wear a mask” messaging that was being directed at the American public through March and early April. It’s understandable he didn’t initially have all the answers, but I’d expect “The Good Doctor” to have a little humility about it, at the very least. Lounging by the pool, looking very unbothered and dapper in sunglasses (and no mask) on the cover of a frivolous fashion magazine while Americans you’ve sworn to protect are catching COVID-19 by the millions, dying at a rate higher than anywhere else in the world, losing jobs by the tens of millions, etc. is a bad look and in very poor taste, in my humble opinion. I get that it’s appealing to sanctify any public figure that may serve as a foil to the man in the White House, and I believe Dr. Fauci has done plenty of good. That said, this sort of PR feels wholly inappropriate given current circumstances and all public health officials who made demonstrably false statements and downplayed the threat of COVID-19 should take at least some personal accountability for the resulting disaster.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hasunny428
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->