US InStyle December 2017 : Julia Roberts by Carter Smith

vogue28

Mod Squad Team Leader
Staff member
Reaction score

INSTYLE. COM

It's becoming a bit much now with Julia, and there's not a lot of originality with her fashion shoots. They're not thinking out of the box with her. But at least it's better than last month and the styling and backdrop looks nice. Laura must be thinking she's in Australia with this cover. Too much coverlines as usual!

I think this is absolutely beautiful !!! Love the photo, very flattering, gorgeous lighting, good clothes, she looks timeless and ageless, great hair and makeup, nice layout, quite punchy: good jooooob :smile:

Not sure about this one.

I'm always going to be here for Julia. She's one of the true Movie Stars and I'll love her forever. She's responsible for so many of my favourite movie moments and she's genuinely brought me joy through all of these years. So yes - I'm never disappointed to see Julia Roberts on a cover.

Her face looks beautiful, I love the serene expression and lack of photoshop - but that neck? It looks wildly photoshopped, like they've extended her neck or reattached her head or something crazy.

Also the colours and all-denim? It just feels more May and less December.

Nice cover -- I like it! Doesn't look very holiday-esque though.

Really lovely but to echo Handbag Queen, it's just not holiday at all. I see that Laura has done away with calling December the "Gift Guide Issue." Kind of a bummer. I always liked it.

Fashion Editor: Elizabeth Stewart
Hair: Serge Normant
Makeup: Genevieve Herr
Manicure: Lisa Jachno

c70d5f01f4010893434d7d5be91eaf89.n2optimized.jpg

instyle.com

WHY Is she covering all these mags all of a sudden? Does she have a movie coming out and I didn’t know about? Is she talking about something new?

It’s just blah. Cute though.

Julia herself is stunning, but her covers are all the same for the past decades, her magazine archive doesn't really match her position in the industry

WHY Is she covering all these mags all of a sudden? Does she have a movie coming out and I didn’t know about? Is she talking about something new?

It’s just blah. Cute though.

Lol, she's got a film due later this month. But yes, she doesn't normally do a lot of fashion press to promote her films so this is a bit much.

Her InStyle cover last year by Ariel Foxman was MILES better than this. Seriously Laura? You couldn't find another celebrity your magazine hasn't already covered a year ago? Laura's appointment was way overhyped IMO.

limited edition sub cover

Joe Biden by Mario Sorrenti
Fashion Editor: George Cortina
Grooming: Juanita Dillard

Screen_Shot_2017-11-03_at_12.35.55_AM.png

InStyle's IG, instyle.com, clothingdomains.com

Oh look, it's 'Middle-class Joe' in all his Clint Eastwood realness. Colour me surprised.

Interesting to see Sorrenti and Cortina in InStyle....

THE STAR
Photographer: Carter Smith
Stylist: Elizabeth Stewart
Hair: Serge Normant
Make-Up: Genevieve Herr
Model/Celebrity: Julia Roberts

InStyle USA Digital Edition

BELA EPOQUE
Photographer: Chris Colls
Stylist: Malgosia Bela
Model: Malgosia Bela

InStyle USA Digital Edition