US InStyle December 2018 : Jennifer Lopez by Anthony Maule

idontknowher.gif~

Lol, in all seriousness, the cover could've worked with someone who has a strong sense of wit and charm. They should've given this exact styling to Tracee Elliss Ross last month. JLo just looks pissed and annoyed here.

Agreed, it's not a 'on brand' cover for Jennifer. The styling is too artsy and intellectual for her. Besides, the shot looks more US Harper's Bazaar than InStyle.

They should have put the less revealing shot of her in the green sequin dress on the cover with a white background. I think it would have been shocking in the best possible way.

Omg, what's happening with this editorial!?! Who's the stylist??? Must be schizophrenic because these looks are all over the place. Absolutely atrocious, and that sparkly green dress/cape/whatever must the most vulgar thing I've seen in some time. Why would she agree to wear that?

Tragic!
It's weird because Jlo and Glamour is a winning affair normally. I mean, she did wonders in US VOGUE and the majority of her glamourous eds are great!
This is beyond wrong...
From the clothes to the scenery. Those clothes needed a context, a story...

And the half naked shot is beyond vulgar! She has a great body but this doesn't work here...
She looks uncomfortable.

As always she looks great, but the styling is an abomination.
That green dress looks like the ugliest holiday wrapping.

They tried to look like Harper's Bazaar but completely failed. The dresses are ugly. Horrible...

J.Lo is such a photogenic woman but magazines haven’t really done her justice the last couple of years.

Also, what kinda of stylist straight up copies a look from the red carpet? This is J.Lo’s met gala look redux.

Last edited:
I do love the colours of the cover (the combination of the green, white and black works beautifully together) but Jennifer's pose does not do justice to that Valentino number whatsoever, and makes for an awkward looking cover overall.

This hairstyle and false lashes does look fantastic on Jennifer though... it's just a shame everything else didn't come together.

I like it...though, to me, it doesn't seem very holiday-esque for a December cover......

I know she looks like some kind of Barbie doll with the hair and the make-up but I just can’t hate on it. I have such a soft spot for Jennifer. She’s so wrong she looped right back round to right.

I’m here for it. Even the cape worn as some kind of bath towel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->