US InStyle February 2017 : Gwyneth Paltrow by Greg Kadel

I think she sells, not as much as Jennifer Aniston, but not as bad as Rihanna either. Maybe a bit more consistent. Despite being reviled by a certain percentage of women (in fact, I would say that this group may have warmed to her as time passed), she's still much loved as evidenced by endless media plugs. I think she's better marketed and relatable as a lifestyle guru than an actress.

So apparently Rosie Huntington-Whiteley stole - sorry, "creative directed" a shoot for the issue. I cannot believe what a blatant rip off this is. Do Laura and Rosie think that Franca's legacy left with her passing?

laurabrown99 Rosie Huntington-Whiteley's airport style is one for the books, so she creative directed a shoot for Feb @instylemagazine. Here she is at security in metal mesh @balmain. #practical @rosiehw @txemayeste @jessicaderuiter @kateleemakeup @hairbyadir

I think the shot of her with a floral background and the bee-top would've made for a much better cover, but oh well. The subscriber's cover is lovely. I like Gwyneth. Her cookbooks sell, her brand seems to be succeeding, and she generally seems like she has her ish together. I do miss seeing her in films, though. Shakespeare in Love, Sylvia, The Royal Tenenbaums, Sliding Doors, Emma, The Talented Mr. Ripley... she had her fair share of success and despite her Oscar, dare I say I think she's underrated as an actress?

Anyway, I wont mind seeing this on newstands but InStyle needs a cover that wows to warrant a purchase and this, I'm afraid, does not.

Must admit that I did like Reese Witherspoon's cover for December but this is definitely a step in the right direction for American InStyle. I think everything looks great and far better than previous months! I am excited to see more from InStyle/Laura Brown now..

Funny Valentine
Ph: Andreas Ohlund and Maria Therese
Styled by: Ali Pew
Hair: Dennis Devoy
Makeup: Alice Lane
Nails: Yuko Wada
Model: Fernanda Ly

InStyle February 2017 Digital Edition

Blond Ambition
Ph: Greg Kadel
Styled by: Melissa Rubini
Hair: Lorenzo Martin
Makeup: Georgie Eisdell
Nails: Ashlie Johnson
Set Design: Bette Adams

Cuff Love
Ph: Hanna Tveite
Styled by: Sam Broekema
Hair: Dennis Devoy
Makeup: Daniel Martin
Nails: Casey Herman
Model: Aamito Lagum

The Chicest Lady at the Airport
Ph: Txema Yeste
Styled by: Jessica de Ruiter
Creative Direction: Rosie Huntington-Whiteley
Hair: Adir Abergel
Makeup: Kate Lee
Nails: Ashlie Johnson
Set Design: Cooper Vasquez

The Loewe Way
Ph: Billy Ballard
Hair: Elena Tebar
Makeup: Gato
Models: Mica Arganaraz, Phillipa Hemphrey

The New Girl
Ph: John Akehurst
Styled by: Jessica de Ruiter
Hair: Christian Wood
Makeup: Kate Lee
Nails: Marisa Carmichael
Actress: Deepika Padukone

I may have to pick this issue up! A great selection of edits. It's the first time I've seen in a while that I'm seeing such an interesting mix of hf models. Aamito (looking great, btw), Mica, Fernanda.....and what a clever move to shoot them with lesser known photographers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->