US InStyle October 2016 : Michelle Obama by Thomas Whiteside

OMG!!!! This absolutely stunning!!!! I love the colors and Michelle's smile contagious.

I cannot wait till I get my hands on this issue!!!

I can't imagine ever buying an issue of InStyle, but their covers have been so great lately. It's such a pleasant surprise.

Wow, this is perfect. Cannot find any fault here. The styling, setting, Michelle's effortless and relatable vibe, and that beautiful skintone. If this is Ariel Foxman's final cover (which I think it is), then Jesus, what a classy departure!
It's such a major coup for InStyle to get Michelle, especially now. Thomas Whiteside certainly deserves this, so glad for him!

I love the cover :clap:

Me too! Sucks that Ariel is leaving just when this magazine seemed to be hitting its stride. There's no way Laura Brown will be able to produce something like this judging from her work at Bazaar.

I started to look for flaws instead of just appreciating that this is an awesome cover. Well done.

This is hands down AMAZING! Amazing. Yes. Perfect. I can't. Wow.

That smile is everything that I need. And the mood is gorgeous. And the color scheme is perfect. Wow.

I will certainly get this.

They are knocking Vogue out of the park

I just dislike people involved in politics appearing on fashion covers. Would love to see Melania though. :lol: :lol:

I just dislike people involved in politics appearing on fashion covers. Would love to see Melania though. :lol: :lol:

Careful with your words.... If Trump wins the election she'll be on every cover you can imagine.

Ah, this cover looks so good. Pretty massive for InStyle to book Michelle.

WOWWW this is beauuuuuutiful !!! Amazing colors, Michelle looks spectacular OMG, her smile and the eyes, that dress: stunning !

I've managed to get this issue, and it's a bit sad knowing their short-lived stint of beautiful imagery is now officially over. Even though there's no editor's letter from Foxman in this issue, Michelle's interview was conducted by him. And it's certainly worth a read. The index shot of her is another strong cover contender, but I'm happy with the final outcome.

Despite the stunning set of covers we've seen since January, what Foxman's InStyle lacked most was features. It was far too littered with fluffy little snippets a la Buzzfeed, but I imagine this was for the 'woman on the run'. Since we'll just have to make do with this woman from Harper's, it would be nice if she'll puff it up with more interviews and articles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velvetmuse
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->