US Marie Claire Spring 2021 : Priyanka Chopra by Ruth Ginika Ossai

Yeah right? Somehow the lighting seems off. That makes the background seem even more fake.

Asides from the lighting I really like this. Probably the most beautiful I’ve seen “What’s my name? PRIYANKA!” On a fashion magazine.

Does she have something coming out soon? Why these all these covers? I guess this was also shot in London.

Ruth Ossai is making it really hard for me to root for her with these awful covers. First Jodie for Elle, now this one. Lighting is bad, that printed backdrop looks cheap which I know is her signature and supposed to be ironic, and Priyanka is posing as if a red carpet pap just begged her for a shot. They should've made this the digital cover. Not worth printing it on paper.

A bit too dark, but overall quite a nice cover. I like the colours and composition. Everting is nicely balanced.

Does she have something coming out soon? Why these all these covers? I guess this was also shot in London.

Ruth Ossai is making it really hard for me to root for her with these awful covers. First Jodie for Elle, now this one. Lighting is bad, that printed backdrop looks cheap which I know is her signature and supposed to be ironic, and Priyanka is posing as if a red carpet pap just begged her for a shot. They should've made this the digital cover. Not worth printing it on paper.

She has a netflix movie out now - The White Tiger. This movie is critically acclaimed.

Lighting is unusually moody for a newstand cover, but I think I like it. And she looks beautiful.

I used to be a fan but she's insufferable now. I guess she'll be still talking about her amazing romance and marriage with the Jonas... Guess what, Priyanka, other people are happily married too.

I like it. One of their better covers for sure, but it could’ve used some brightness. It killed the mood of the cover.

Not a pixel on all those covers toward the end of Anne Fulenwider's tenure but certainly not the worst Marie Claire cover I've come across. It's a sight better than the collage cover with Scarlett Johansson and Florence Pugh at least, and reminds me of Gabrielle Union's cover from November.

Cover #2:

Maybe I’m watching too much Drag Race, but when I see that cover all I can think of is that she needs bigger hair and more of a cinched waist to make this work.

US Marie Claire Spring 2021

Priyanka Pulls Back the Curtain

Photographer: Ruth Ossai
Stylist: Joanna Schlenzka
Hair: Isaac Poleon
Makeup: Ninni Nummela
Cast: Priyanka Chopra

US Marie Claire Digital Edition

Last edited by a moderator:
US Marie Claire Spring 2021

Just Dance

Photographer: Courtney Sofiah Yates