US Vogue April 2020 : The 'Beauty Without Borders' Issue by Tyler Mitchell

Kaia’s Vogue US cover was the matter of time and as for me it was also obvious that she’ll be on multi-girl cover so I wondered for a while who could be her companions. Adut and Ugbad may be significant faces of today’s modeling industry but I don’t feel like taking them was the perfect choice. As much as I don’t understand why they needed to take 28(!) models to give digital covers to half of them (or to all, maybe we don’t know it yet) just because of “different countries representation”. Also you had 28 models and you’ve dressed them all in jeans. Jeez

They've lost the plot, sorry! For me, this is yet another in a series of missteps. You had the Cardi B cover, the Billie Eilish multi covers, and now this. Styling is atrocious, photography is terrible, and the casting is so jumbled. I LOVE Imaan and Liu Wen, but why are they on this cover again? Who's idea was it to add Adesuwa? And who on earth is Mika Schneider?

Pack it in Anna, you're through here!

haha whats going on with her hair around face and neck? Annie is this you?

vogue.com

Yikes, I thought that was a shearling collar.

As much as I am excited to see models on US Vogue cover, it just proves how pedestrian all these new girls look in comparison to previous top-models-of-the-moment multi-girl covers. I love most of them, but God...
Ugbad is a beautiful girl but she looks hideous on the cover. Adut is overhyped and annoying. Kaia lost every ounce of charisma when she chopped her hair. Now she's just your standard cute Insta millennial with eco-friendly minimalistic feed. Those unnecessary solo covers stacked into one fold-out page are a disaster of their own... I actually like Fran's, but it looks sloppy. Mika Schneider is beautiful, but who is she? Anok deserves justice. Vittoria's cover is a winner for me, despite the horrible outfit. Wish it was the main cover... Nora Attal also deserves justice and her picture is not cover material. Paloma......... Liu Wen doesn't belong in this line-up and neither does Imaan, but her cover is great despite the sloppy retouching and again, hideous outfit. Krini Hernandez cover is fit for Vogue Mexico or Australia. Jill Kortleve, really? I don't see any model qualities in that woman. Never heard of Ros. Adesuwa.... no.
Perhaps this would've worked better if all these girls were lined-up in a classic American Vogue multi-model fold-out, but this is just sloppy and ugly. And where is Rianne? Where's Kris Grikaite? Also surprised that Hadids didn't make it. I really don't understand what kind of models they were going for here? Mediocre Instagirls and those commercial ones that represent different body types and ethnicity? I don't get it. I don't like it.

Uhm, isn't Paloma British? She speaks with an American accent but I'm sure I've read somewhere she's British.

They've dropped the ball. They have been doing good since October cover wise. I blame the styling, it feels sad, heavy and dated.

I love the idea but detest the cover. The single covers are a bit more tolerable but the group one is rather sad! Model group covers used to be iconic!

vogue.com

View attachment 1145523 View attachment 1145525 View attachment 1145527 View attachment 1145529 View attachment 1145531
I totally remember the first time I saw the multimodel cover with the blue skirt styling I was stunned because it's so beautiful.

Oh my god this cover is UGLY. Kaia Gerber - what is wrong with her face? Should have just put Anok in there and call it a day. Styling? Atrocious! Really? Denim vest? Ugh disaster!

They've lost the plot, sorry! For me, this is yet another in a series of missteps. You had the Cardi B cover, the Billie Eilish multi covers, and now this. Styling is atrocious, photography is terrible, and the casting is so jumbled. I LOVE Imaan and Liu Wen, but why are they on this cover again? Who's idea was it to add Adesuwa? And who on earth is Mika Schneider?

Pack it in Anna, you're through here!
Exactly my thoughts!!!!!

It’s Tyler. It’s 2020. What were you expecting? Set your expectations low low low.

Frankly, it’s all predictably decent, consumer-friendly mediocrity. Nothing to get mad nor excited about.

Why is Tyler Mitchell a thing? His photography is so pedestrian and amateurish.

Because he's the first black photographer to shoot the cover of Vouge and for some reason, that suddenly equals talent. It's really all just a part of the whole SJW narrative that's taken over the fashion industry.

Now Adut and Kaia are part of the big 4 club.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->