US Vogue April 2021 : Selena Gomez by Nadine Ijewere

This picture with brighter colors and light would have been more interesting. An another hair style too.

(PD: I hope I'm not irritating someone else again, my lord).

the gossip blogs are not saying super good things about selener.

her face is puffy bc of her alcohol problems (allegedly exacerbated by her kidney situation) and that is clearly an issue for her since they tried to shop definition onto it.

Allegedly.

Wasn't there a story that she's no longer friends with the girl who gave her that kidney? If I gave you a kidney you better be friends with me FOREVER!

GKJ is making it increasingly harder for me to like her work. Whatever she did at Garage was stellar, almost spectacular really. I get that Vogue is a different ballgame, but clearly Anna has no clue in the same way Alexandra had no clue when it came to fashion content. And that meant that editors could get away with doing whatever they liked because the EIC checked out mentally. Which I reckon what's happening here. So why isn't GKL stepping it up? She knows the Vogue reader, she's well aware of the codes, come on!

Is the content so abysmal it's better to not post it?

I hadn't bothered to look at this thread but then I read how she was playing victim and doing a retirement stunt...She's not gonna be missed and this cover perfectly encapsulates why: washed-up-before-30, talentless and bland is not a good look on anyone.

Just cancelled my subscription. Had it on the automatic renewal, and decided not to pollute my letterbox with this magazine.
absolute cheap sad nonsense of geriatric people trying desperately to seem 'young". Sending the money to charity instead.

Yes. There’s yet another long “at home with” editorial and the issue is weirdly interior-design focused. Only 128 pages. Sad.

That sounds really sad. I don't know why Anna couldn't leverage sources to produce proper fashion content when other editions and titles are still making proper fashion stories (whether good or bland) under current circumstance...

That sounds really sad. I don't know why Anna couldn't leverage sources to produce proper fashion content when other editions and titles are still making proper fashion stories (whether good or bland) under current circumstance...
Yeah, I’m wondering the same. It doesn’t make sense.

Yeah, I’m wondering the same. It doesn’t make sense.

Possibly because social media would tear her apart if she chose to ''ignore'' the pandemic by moving on. She gets scrutinized for anything and everything these days so it's not surprising that she's playing it so safe that it comes across as lazy and abysmal.

I don't think I can stomach another one of her mishmash homemade issues, though. I just can't.

Possibly because social media would tear her apart if she chose to ''ignore'' the pandemic by moving on.

No matter if she play safe, she’ll be criticized anyway. A few days ago a post on Twitter became viral comparing the latest Zara campaign and photos from the march edition and asking how is possible how a fashion magazine can’t do high fashion.

American Vogue does appear to be the magazine which has floundered the most throughout the pandemic. Even the thinnest of British Vogue issues over the past twelve months have been not too far off the September and March issues of US Vogue.

Along with advertising revenue, standards have definitely slipped. A story showcasing people at home for an April 2021 issue does seem old news now - especially when the likes of Vogue Paris is transporting us to Mexico.

What on earth is happening to this magazine?????

US Vogue April 2021

Brand-New Day

Photographer: Nadine Ijewere
Stylist: Gabriella Karefa-Johnson
Hair: Edward Lampley
Makeup: Hung Vanngo
Cast: Selena Gomez

US Vogue Digital Edition

US Vogue April 2021

No Place Like Home

Photographer: Stefan Ruiz
Stylist: Tonne Goodman
Cast: Dilone and family

Photographer: Pip Williams
Cast: Annabelle Hickson and family

Photographer: Susan Meiselas
Stylist: Jorden Bickham
Cast: Guinevere van Seens and dog

i31fSneU_t.jpg

Cast: Kai Avent-DeLeon and family

Photographer: Daisy Johnson
Stylist: Mark Guiducci
Cast: Emilie Ghilaga, Trevor Carlisle

Photographer: Micaiah Carter
Stylist: Max Ortega
Cast: Ziggy Marley and family

Photographer: Simon Watson
Stylist: Tabitha Simmons
Cast: Eve Hewson

Photographer: Rahim Fortune
Cast: Nicole Trunfio and family

Cast: Nell Diamond

Photographer: Soren Harrison
Stylist: Tabitha Simmons
Cast: Beabadoobee

Photographer: Isabel Okoro
Stylist: Gabriella Karefa-Johnson
Cast: Faridah Folawiyoh

Photographer: Susan Meiselas
Stylist: Jorden Bickham
Cast: Ashley Graham and family

Photographer: Tierney Gearon
Stylist: Alexandra Gurvitch
Cast: Meredith Hagner, Wyatt Russell

US Vogue Digital Edition

Last edited:
Whoever is in charge of casting should be sacked immediately! Except for Dilone, Guinevere and the lovely Eve Hewson, I'm not exactly sure why we should care for these people. Let alone the most random models who imo are quite past it. They're hardly booking any top campaigns. Nicole Trunfio??? And she got 2 pages when Guinevere got only 1.

Anna should pack it in. Her focus is no longer at this magazine and it shows.

None of this looks like it's from a fashion magazine. I can't imagine that they just completely forgot how to create Vogue content so I'm wondering if it's intentional, if they're trying to push this Vogue in a new direction... But with all the cultural and political changes happening in the US recently, on top of the pandemic, this Vogue haven't shown any sign that they know to move forward. They can't just go back to big, expensive glamour and exclusivity, but they haven't figured out an alternative identity either.

It honestly just makes me wanna cry. What a disgusting, sad waste of resources.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Derekz7
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->