US Vogue December 2009 : Cate Blanchett by Annie Leibovitz

Loved Isabeli's and Daria's eds! :heart:
I'm also surprised to see Ana, I really like her.

Honestly, Gaga should have got the cover. :buzz:
And i'm Loving Isabeli's Ed and the Karlie Invasion.

This issue is spectacular. It has been an amazing year for US Vogue.

The issue had a few flaws. The cover is bland and way too similar to others in the past. However the contents are riveting. Nobody does fairytales like Grace Coddington, and I am ecstatic to see Lily Cole in US Vogue again. I thought it was wonderful how Grace was able to take such plain innocent dresses and transform them into the perfect accessories for this Hansel and Gretel fantasy world. The set for the editorial is absolutely amazing! The attention to detail is especially admirable. I love the photo of the sandman dropping gold dust upon Hansel and Lily (and that amazing Balenciaga coat). The only downside is I wish Lady Gaga had one or two more pictures, however her article helps with the pain. (And Lady Gaga knows who Magdelena F is! That's really cool)

Cate looks stunning in her editorial, and her dramatic close ups are a perfect example of Annie's immense talent. Also Tonne Goodman actually did an exciting job for this shoot.

More flaws; The only good thing about Daria's editorial is Daria, and the Irving Penn feature is way too short. I seriously hope Vogue gives him a proper tribute soon.

Back to the good stuff. Karlie Kloss looks amazing with neon orange hair. I was actually a little disappointed she wasn't featured more in this issue. (Although I know I'm alone in that feeling) I want her to be the new Caroline Trentini. Terry's shoot is great as well. Who knew hair salons could be so much fun? The accessories picked out for this shoot were outstanding. Those Givenchy cuffs will be in my dreams tonight.

And the last cool thing about the issue. Vogue editor Lauren Howell wore custom Rodarte to her wedding. The dress is stunning. I wish there were more shots.

Sorry about the long post. But I couldn't help myself. It's such a good issue, and the end of Vogue's best year since 2006, that I just had to break it down.:stuart:

^ I'm quite disgusted the fact that Irving only gets a two-page tribute from his long-time employer.

God, Daria's editorial is INSANE. Kinna weird to have a bathing suit ed for December? And I wonder why they took two shots from the April one. It's VERY reminiscent of each other. But her body is BANANAS. Supermodel status, I kid you not!

OMG beautiful, beautiful, beautiful :woot: :clap:

Steal Of The Month
Models: Viktoriya Sasonkina, Karlie Kloss
Fashion Edito: Phyllis Posnick
Photographer: Patrick Demarchelier

When opening the December issue of Vogue, one is prepared for the visual assault of holiday themed fashion fantasy, but the most compelling image may be this simple Demarchelier beauty shot. The neon hair, grey Alexander Wang jersey dresses and melancholy stares of Viktoriya Sasonkina and Karlie Kloss, combine to create something beautiful, modern and unexpected. As uncomplicated as the picture is, it still managed to shake me. Here is a concise distillation of everything I am enjoying at the moment and it leaves me wanting more. What I wouldn’t give for 12 more pages like this!

scanned by Luxx at Sans Artifice :wub:

The best thing about this issue so far IMO!

So far, here's my review

Karlie's & Coco's feature / editorial looks stunning!
Isabeli's editorial reminds of VOGUE Paris but non the less, stunning!
Daria's editorial is a bit disappointing because it is reminiscent to their April 2009 ed with the same girl
Viktoriya's & Karlie's Steal Of The Month is STUNNING!
Cate's feature is weird and at the same time lovely

Thank you Luxx for scanning "the steal of the month".It's stellar:wub:

^ I'm quite disgusted the fact that Irving only gets a two-page tribute from his long-time employer.

As am I. With all the work he has done they could dedicate two issues to him instead of two pages. I thought the picture choice was poor as well. It's very saddening. Hopefully this won't be the end of his tribute. There must be some photographs that Penn took that didn't make Vogue the first time around that they can present now. Maybe some more from Gemma's Balenciaga shoot, or Caroline's shoot for Galliano...

God, Daria's editorial is INSANE. Kinna weird to have a bathing suit ed for December? And I wonder why they took two shots from the April one. It's VERY reminiscent of each other. But her body is BANANAS. Supermodel status, I kid you not!

Those 2 shots aren't in the new editorial. That was just a mistake by the poster :smile:

Its so unfortunate they didnt show more respect than that to him, Vogue Germany did a 11 page feature so why cant American Vogue who gave him his start, and was a defining important factor in his career, and legacy. So stupid!

Anyway overall i am not to over the moon about this issue, its not bad, its just they did better December issues in the past. But i agree that they had a good year.

OMG beautiful, beautiful, beautiful :woot: :clap:

Steal Of The Month
Models: Viktoriya Sasonkina, Karlie Kloss
Fashion Edito: Phyllis Posnick
Photographer: Patrick Demarchelier
scanned by Luxx at Sans Artifice :wub:

The best thing about this issue so far IMO!
I agree :magic:
This and Ana Mihajlovic feature, even if short, definetely sell the issue to me
Lily Cole story is not bad either :heart:
in other words, can't wait to get my copy

so the only editorial which hasnt been posted is the one with Chanel in it, right ?

I can only hope that it's because this is their initial tribute, and they're working on something much more lengthy, involving more research, to be published a few months from now.

^I wish for that too but I doubt they will. It doesn't seem as though Anna is really big on tributes. One or two pages is the most anyone gets. Maybe Vanity Fair will do a nice long article. The recent one on Avedon was really well done.

^ I thought so too, It's a shame that Vanity Fair would probably be the one publishing
a full tribute, where obviously fans of Penn would want to read it on American Vogue instead.

I would think that Anna would not do another tribute on Penn anytime soon, even she does I will think it would be years later

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ebbbbty
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->