US Vogue December 2013 : Jessica Chastain by Annie Leibovitz

Mat Cyruss

Mag Master
Reaction score
Styling: Grace Coddington

via fashionscansremastered

apparently there are eds inside with Edie Campbell by Tim Walker styled by Grace Coddington & Kate Moss with actor Chiwetel Ejiofor by Testino styled by Tonne Goodman (the shoot in Instanbul)

Last edited by a moderator:
Not a bad way to wrap up the year even though it looks more June than December

Definitely took inspiration from Flaming June painting. It's always nice to see a full body cover shot although the lack of hair is bugging me. Doesn't she always been long haired?

Overall I think this is a striking cover, but there is something off about Jessica's face. She looks rather lifeless, as Annie seems to like her subjects.

On the cover she is wearing Theory by Olivier Theysken. Her editorial, "Work Of Art," finds her recreating numerous paintings (mostly late 19th - early 20th century) - Frederic Leighton's Flaming June on the cover.

Is that actually a Theory dress? Never would have guessed. Lanvin SS08 comes to mind. Random for a December issue but overall beautiful cover.

Definitely the BEST cover of Vogue US this year.

preview

Photographer: Annie Leibovitz
Celeb: Jessica Chastain
Styling: Grace Coddington
Hair: Julien D'Ys
Make Up: Diane Kendall

via fashionscansremastered

Oh no. -_- No no no no no. This is bad. That dress is wearing her, not the other way around. She looks like she has a cramp in her neck. The primary color scheme is wrong for any month, but especially for December.

ETA- The ed preview looks a lot better than the cover.

What a striking cover! I was afraid we were going to get an overly retouched close up and I'm pleasantly surprised. Gorgeous colours and Jessica looks beautiful as ever!

Beautiful. Jessica is one of the most deserving actresses to be on the cover of Vogue. Supremely talented and effortlessly elegant :wub:

Very striking and new choice for US Vogue, it's a cool image, however I have a summer feel more than a Xmas vibe lol. The dress is amazing but her expression isn't showing confidence, she looks uncomfortable to me.

Beautiful cover, definetly the best cover in the year of the mag.

Great to see Jessica on the cover. She deserves it so much.

Really curious about the content in this issue. Overall, it's been a bland year for Vogue US.

The colors devour her, it looks as if she is pasted into the colors and the blue background is very fake.

I always love editorials with paintings as inspiration (Julianne Moore X Peter Lindbergh was fantastic) but this image specifically is not working as much for a December/Holiday cover, glad to see Jessica on the cover, can't wait to see the rest of the ed.

Wow this cover looks soo beautiful, like a renaissance painting. Jessica's face does look a little funny but still a great cover

Just like someone posted before:

(memegenerator.net)

THe Image looks nice, however, the red-logo head is just super ugly.
YEY for Jessica!

Srdjan, I don't think American Vogue has tried to be wholly 'edgy'. The U.S. is far too much of a commercial market for any magazine to go avant guarde like Italian Vogue. Being a mass market magazine, if they did something too experimental, sale figures would free fall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->