US Vogue December 2020 : Harry Styles by Tyler Mitchell

You have got to be kidding me.

I did not see this coming.

However, I’m okay with it? It has the Teen Vogue vibe, but I’m not mad at it.

Still not sure why a generic photographer like Tyler gets to shoot Vogue covers

Not to exaggerate things, but this is probably their best cover after Gal Gadot's. Is he the first solo cover guy of this magazine?

Jesus wept!! The woman is befuddled, a cover like this would have been a fireable offense.
Of course Harry is a style icon, a genderless one at that, but come on. This simply isn't a cover!

Also, whatever he's wearing is terrible. Twitter will have a field day with the sociopolitical undertones of this one. 'Why not a transgender/black/older woman!?!'

I was expecting more when I read the title, I was ready to be WOWed :(
if this is what we can now expect, bring Annie back...

I imagine there will be naysayers but I love it! But I've become such an (unlikely) fan of Harry's over the last few years so maybe the bias is starting to seep in.

rqyHQjU.jpg

S0EL6eg.jpg

BRrTRpm.jpg

B5sP7gr.jpg

0FPf61m.jpg

X32NwcV.jpg

cHu8dYm.jpg

TokucFZ.jpg

KJUNmX9.jpg

gJmeofz.jpg

vogue.com

I like it, but what is he wearing tho. It's very now ( very Gen-Z), hope it's will sell on the newstand. But do American high society women care about him tho, maybe their daughters and sons do but I don't think he interesting enough. Well at least there is no colorful bedsheets.

An embarrassment of a cover, just devastating to think this is what we’re now reduced to. And the suits question why print is dying and sales are declining? I refuse to believe this is the answer.

Guess it is Friday the 13th... in 2020, after all.

Tbh I love it, although I agree that it’s unusual to see a male celebrity on a Vogue cover. I guess they want to promote the idea of non-binary style in the fashion world.

Meh. I never really bought this whole "Harry Styles gender bending icon" thing, cause outside of his colorful Gucci suits and nail polish, he still very much operates and thrives as a regular cis straight white guy. There's nothing truly revolutionary and brave about him, it's just an aesthetic, it's just styling. And lots of others have done it better... even K-pop guys are more subversive with toying with gender norms.

I'm sure this will be hailed as something progressive, but this is like PG-13, gentrified progressivism. Call me when they put an actual gender non-conforming/trans/queer/poc person on the cover.

I don’t like or understand what he’s wearing. He looks the same and is just standing in 4 different photos. I wish it wasn’t just him. They could have used any of the models he’s regularly associated with like Kendall or Kaia

No one saw this coming! But wish that they show his face more rather than covered with the balloon

I actually love this! The styling is of course such a try-hard attempt at gender fluid dressing but it’s one of those cases where everything is so outrageous it works. Could do without the colorful fabrics as backdrop which seems to be Tyler’s signature but overall, this is his best work for the magazine yet since the Beyonce cover.

I like the editorial better and most shots, cropped differently, would have made better covers imo. I wish they´d have chosen the other cover option, the one with the pink background...

It's very now ( very Gen-Z), hope it's will sell on the newstand. But do American high society women care about him tho, maybe their daughters and sons do but I don't think he interesting enough. Well at least there is no colorful bedsheets.

LOL! That's what I'm thinking as well. I imagine the cover will collect a lot of likes and shares, but sales? Not so sure.
Why couldn't such a cover go to Will Welch the same way Mary Poppins should've gone to Vanity Fair? Harry would be right at home there. Or did Anna pick up that GQ's covers are starting to become increasingly popular?

As someone who took part in the viral JW Anderson knitting challenge, I can't say much against Harry and his style. It's pretty much the Vogue version of edgy. Just not sure why he's on the cover when there are so many women who'd have been a better option.

Love Harry, love this cover. It’s nice to see something different for them and it actually feels really on point and relevant to me, which I didn’t think I would feel about a man solo on the cover of Vogue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->