US Vogue December 2020 : Harry Styles by Tyler Mitchell

I like Harry, and in any other context I’d like the cover and love the editorial, but a solo man on the cover of American Vogue? Something I never want to see. I know it will drum up loads of press and clicks and be a must-have for his fans, but I find this kind of shocking and very disappointing.

Why?????????

The editorial is not bad at all. But why him on a cover. The fact that Anna would rather put a cis male in drag on the cover instead of a beautiful transgender woman like Indya speaks volumes.

It kind of works, but kind of doesn't. I feel like it might belong on a British GQ more than American Vogue, but I'll allow it. I do feel like the cover shot was a bad choice.

He's overrated imo, the way he's heavily pushed by the entertainment industry as this super talented good looking artsy guy when he's the definition of average baffles me but good for him and his fans! The editorial is pretty apt to my perception of his too but things could be infinitely worse considering who's on the cover of Vogue Portugal per example :wacko:

I like it, but I don't love it, there's something missing here. as one member pointed, Ryan McGinley was the perfect choice to photograph the editorial but they picked Tyler so, choices. About the fact that he got a solo cover, I think they should put a model with him, someone like Adut Akech or even Kaia Gerver -just like they did with Pharrell's cover in 2017-.

There is nothing exciting about this cover or edit. As usual with Tyler's work, it's flat and uninspiring.

The photography is very "Dollar Tree Tim Walker" and the styling is heinous.

Are the women gone? the models? the singers? the actresses? what the hell is this? but then Tyler Mitchell still? with so many famous people who still have their cover art (Naomi Watts, Brie Larson, Tilda Swinton, Viola Davis, Octavia Spencer and many others) At least choose Annie leibovitz, Steven Klein or Craig mcdean !!

Harry Styles in a dress? Is this supposed to be a groundbreaking gender bending boundary breaking cover? Please! Vogue HOMMES exists for a reason. And here I though this year couldn't get any worse...

The final nail in Vogue's coffin for me.

original.gif

I think this makes Harry the first solo man to get the cover of American Vogue. Wintour actually booked Brad Pitt in the 90s for the cover shoot. Had him do a whole 3 day shoot with Meisel, but then his movie got delayed, and Anna changed her mind, and just gave him a feature inside.

This is alright, the editorial is Tyler being bland once again but it's not bad for Vogue Us. the image they chose for the cover is all sorts of random.

Harry looks good, the photos are all so similar which didn't need to happen, his previous work with Ryan McGinley showed that he can pull of an editorial in fields and grass that doesn't look boring.

I don't get it why he's on the cover & some pics are fine but the story looks like more GQ than Vogue. Every month, the US edition it's getting worse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->