US Vogue June/July 2022 : Dua Lipa by Tyler Mitchell

The PINNACLE of Anna Wintour's/Condé Nast's HYPOCRISY :rolleyes: :

February 16, 2018

Multiple Female Models Accuse Photographer Patrick Demarchelier of Sexual Misconduct

The Boston Globe has reported that multiple models have accused photographer Patrick Demarchelier of sexual misconduct. Demarchelier has denied the allegations. "People lie and they tell stories," he told The Globe. "It’s ridiculous."

Condé Nast released the following response to the allegations: "We have informed Patrick we will not be working with him for the foreseeable future."

In October, Condé Nast released a new Code of Conduct in response to allegations of misconduct in the fashion industry. "There are no excuses for this type of behavior; it is completely unacceptable," the release reads. "The company expects all employees, freelance contributors and others that Condé Nast retains to act appropriately and with the utmost personal and professional respect for each other when working on behalf of the company and its brands, advertisers and clients."

vogue.com

June 2022

PATRICK DEMARCHELIER, 1943–2022 : WHETHER WORKING IN HIS STUDIO OR ON SOME FAR-FLUNG LOCATION, THE LEGENDARY PHOTOGRAPHER HAD AN INFECTIOUS JOIE DE VIVRE. GRACE CODDINGTON PAYS TRIBUTE
Photography:
Patrick Demarchelier

US Vogue Digital Edition

MODEL BEHAVIOR (Shared content with UK Vogue)
Photography: Jack Day
Styling: Jack Borkett & Gabriella Karefa-Johnson
Hair: Joseph Pujalte
Make-up: Kanako Takase
Models: Bella Hadid, Gigi Hadid, Mona Tougaard, Vittoria Ceretti, Anok Yai, Adut Akech, Sherry Shi, Kaia Gerber, Kendall Jenner, Paloma Elsesser & Sora Choi

US Vogue Digital Edition
Cringing to infinity at Vitto’s selfie, gigis pose and Kendall’s pic plopped off her insta feed

I don’t like Edward but only him can salve us from this sh*t. Anna please go!

In Deep is so old school Vogue - I love it! Tindi looks so beautiful but the styling and setting make me wish I was there. The accessories editorial is kind of classic too. I always hated accessories features but it’s fun being reminded of the old days, lol.

I bought my copy yesterday and the issue is OK. Tindi’s opening page is GLORIOUS. I’m so happy to see a mexican model and a photographer work with one of the greatest as Tonne.

The cover doesn’t look that bad in print, actually the gray background is silver (not like UK Vogue september 2019, more like what they do when they use golden masthead) which looks weird but appealing enough to make it stand out next to the other magazines.

IN DEEP (Shared content with UK Vogue)
Photography: Santiago Sierra Soler
Styling: Tonne Goodman
Hair: Octavio Leon
Model: Tindi Mar

US Vogue Digital Edition
The only proper part of this issue. Please give Tindi a Vogue cover by Meisel, she is the prettiest new face in town!

Admittedly this does appear someone better in person, as opposed to what it does online, thanks to the grey backdrop of the cover photograph having a metallic-like quality (as @[B]JPineapple[/B] has already pointed out) but not enough to entice me to part with £8.50.

The year 2022 has ultimately become the year I stop buying American Vogue religiously, month after month!

Admittedly this does appear someone better in person, as opposed to what it does online, thanks to the grey backdrop of the cover photograph having a metallic-like quality (as @[B]JPineapple[/B] has already pointed out) but not enough to entice me to part with £8.50.

The year 2022 has ultimately become the year I stop buying American Vogue religiously, month after month!
Welcome to the club!

I stopped religiously buying it over ten years ago. After that point, I would still have bought the occasional issue, but after a few years of that, I stopped altogether. And I've never regretted it. I can't even remember whether my last issue was the 125th anniversary issue in 2017, or Beyonce's one in 2018.

As an import magazine that I can't get a cheap subscription to, it's too much £££ for too little content. Maybe I should scour ebay for some reasonably-priced recent back issues to see what I'm missing out on.

We are people devoted to magazines, and we can overlook a lot of things because of the back catalogue we've built up in our minds - we're always compensating on the basis of what we remember Vogue was. But imagine what the casual reader must think, when they see a flimsy leaflet on sale at the newsstand.

It's midway through 2022, and I've been wondering whether I should even bother with magazines anymore. First, I wondered whether it was just me, was I too old for Vogue, so I was going to perform an experiment, by going through an issue of UK Vogue and seeing how much of the clothing being promoted I could/would wear.

But I also find the content is just so mundane, there's nothing on the page to make it worthwhile to read Vogue. When a magazine takes most of its cues from social media, it can never match what social media does well, and it chooses to forsake the things it uniquely offered.

Another part of me wondered, if I'm not experiencing what I want to experience from a magazine, should I not try to recreate it myself in some way? I don't think I'll ever not love magazines as a concept, but perhaps it's time to take that interest in a different direction, and use it as a springboard to explore other things, where you're taking your love and respect for printed material and exploring something new and rewarding. I'm put in mind of revisiting the Chester Beattie Library in Dublin, which houses a large collection of historical manuscripts.

@tigerrouge, my sentiment exactly! Well said!

I started to collect fashion magazines in 2006 back when I was in college. At first it was just regularly purchasing the latest issues and then the habit had grown into collecting every back issue of my favorite titles. Now I'm proudly to say that I have almost (just almost because there are still some issues missing) what I wanted to build in my collection when I started: Vogue Italia since Franca's reign, Vogue Paris since Carine's reign, Vogue Nippon/Japan since the first issue, Vogue US since 1991, Harper's Bazaar US under Liz Tilberis, plus several bi-annual titles (e.g. Self Service, Another, Pop etc.). Looking back, I have spent a fortune building my collection and I used to think I will keep this habit and keep buying them until either me or these magazines vanish. (lol) Even for the past 5 years or so when some of the titles began to decline drastically in quality (Vogue Italia, US...), I still purchased every issue. I guess what kept me doing so was the idea of "collecting the time when we live in". I remember when Love magazine put Kim Kardashian on the cover, and I had a moment of hesitating if I should buy it or not because at that point, having a reality personality on a high fashion magazine was not acceptable for me. In the end I still got the magazine and what I thought was: "OK, in 10 years, when I look back at this issue, I could point out that this is the moment when fashion magazine started to 'go down'". I have experienced the highs of the magazine industry (a large part through acquiring back issues) and I also have the opportunity to experience the lows and even lower period of fashion magazines.

Writing these down feels like having a reflection of a large part of my life. Nowadays, I still watch shows, pay attention to what happen in the industry, check out the forum and purchase some magazines from time to time. I guess this love of fashion would continue but not the one of purchasing fashion magazine regularly.

That habit continued for a few more years and it is this Conde Nast globalization strategy which pulled the trigger for me to finally stop what I have been doing for the past 15 years: purchasing these Vogue titles regularly. For me, this time is different. I don't have to spend money on 4-5 Vogue editions which share the majority of the editorial content. I still buy Vogue US&UK occasionally, and I will make my first purchase on Vogue France June/July issue since last October issue. But goodbye to the regular purchase and collection. I will cherish even more that I am fortunate to have all those amazing and precious back issues of those titles which also represent the golden years of the fashion industry as a whole!

Another reason I might lose my interest in those fashion magazines besides its decline of quality is that: I feel I have entered the next phase of my life, when I find myself able to afford some of those designer pieces which I could only admire through the pages of fashion magazines before. Thanks to the high development of technology and social media, fashion magazines are not playing the role to "inform" people anymore. If I want to know what to buy and how to wear, I will go and check the social media. However, those people who work in the magazines forget that they still have the mission to "inspire" and "entertain" their readers. I think most of the current magazine titles fail to deliver these two aspects, which is also the reason that I am not purchasing them anymore.

I bought this Issue today and it is not bad at all, indeed, live it is very beautiful the cover editorial is not bad by today's standards, the tindi mar editorial is nice, thanks also to the style of tonne goodman, the rest it's bland and boring, these Vogues have become so subtle as a supplement, it's all so terrible

The more I look at the cover the more I like it. The skirt has a way it contrasts with the minimalist background which is somewhat refreshing, reminds me of a Wallpaper cover or a campaign from the early 2000s. Maybe a model would have delivered it better. Only issue is the text placement and wording.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magfag
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->