US Vogue November 2003 : Uma Thurman by Annie Leibovitz

PradaP

Reaction score
excellent news, best news for US Vogue so far this year (in my opinion anyway)

anyways it is official that the November cover of US Vogue goes to Uma and is photographed by Leibovitz.. said to be similar to Cameron Diaz's cover from earlier this year (cant remember it)

but I look forward to seeing this issue!

i saw it last night on the entertainment tonight, she looked incredible... it was fast and a small image so i could not explain it well..... but i think uma fans will enjoy it.

Originally posted by madmagazine@Oct 20th, 2003 - 3:34 am
Uma Thurman.
Wow this is nice, will pick-up my copy today!

Oh, i :heart: :heart: Uma Thurman! can't wait to get my copy in the mail
it does remind me Cami Diaz cover form last year

Not a huge fan of Uma, personally.

However - the pictures are taken extremely well...

I just picked this issue up today and I truly agree that Uma looks absolutely breathtaking.

And yes, spacemiu, I also think this is a good time for US Vogue. I've lost a lot of faith in other mags as of late. V has been disappointing me with the last few issues and the new VMan wasn't too much fun. i-D is certainly not what it used to be and Harper's Bazaar is absolutely trash. :angry:

I think this Uma issue really reminds us that Anna is truly the queen of fashion. After having a quick flip through, I really felt excited for fashion! Anna's Vogue really has that quality a lot lately. This month, they did this great street style report from Miami, Austin, Budapest, Paris, etc. I was really impressed. That is certainly not Vogue's usual terf but it was executed very well.

Meanwhile, the November Bazaar with Meg Ryan is extremely flat and disappointing. I think it's only a matter of weeks before Glenda gets the axe. I think Hearst would be smart to just totally dump Bazaar altogether. It's just too out of date and no one is up for the job of modernizing it. And every issue since Liz Tilberis left has been a painful reminder of HB's past glory days. :cry:

Originally posted by chickonspeed@Oct 22nd, 2003 - 2:21 am
Anna's Vogue really has that quality a lot lately. This month, they did this great street style report from Miami, Austin, Budapest, Paris, etc.
I may just have to buy it, then. :o

Am I the only person who can't stand Anna Wintour? Each issue of Vogue is like the ones before it: there's no innovation, the covers all look the same, and the editorials are uninspiring. Give me The Face and day.

I picked up my issue two days ago. Like most I wasn't really loving the past 4/5 issues of US Vogue. But in my opinon this issue was great. Uma T looks beautiful. Also..the Bazaar issue..with Meg R..was bad. :angry: boring. :innocent: .and a waste of $5.00 :cry:.

well im ahppy the vogue is getting better, I still feel they are quite dull most of the time. I knwo what youa re saying about mags disapointing V and Bazzar have been totally dull latelky. Is till liek I_D alot even if its kidn of diffrent. But I feel in general mags have been so safe lately, i mean can we experiment at all? :blush:

I dont like Anna Wintour, she wears fur and she is turning Vogue into Harpeer's Bazaar... Uma looks gorgeous!... It is one of my favorite covers, after the March 2002 I guess version with Gwyneth and the Louis Vuitton dress.. :heart:

Originally posted by chickonspeed@Oct 22nd, 2003 - 1:21 am
I think this Uma issue really reminds us that Anna is truly the queen of fashion. After having a quick flip through, I really felt excited for fashion! Anna's Vogue really has that quality a lot lately. This month, they did this great street style report from Miami, Austin, Budapest, Paris, etc. I was really impressed. That is certainly not Vogue's usual terf but it was executed very well.
What a hearty issue. :shock: I was quite surprised how good this issue was. Uma's feature was nice and refreshing. She seems like someone I would really get along with, even if I don't like the way she has talked about Ethan in the past. The style report was another favorite, but the feature that took the cake for me was the report on Jeanne Greenberg Rohatyn. :heart: :heart: That was the first time I didn't want a story to end, or the editorial! :heart: She has great style and I'd kill for her town house.

As for Anna Wintour - she doesn't bother in the least. :ermm: Fur is just as bad as wearing leather so I'd be a hypocrite to boycott her just because of that. And, imo, buying Vogue only supports her and her vision.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
katiepeaches
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->