US Vogue November 2003 : Uma Thurman by Annie Leibovitz

Originally posted by Episternum@Oct 23rd, 2003 - 10:57 am
Am I the only person who can't stand Anna Wintour? Each issue of Vogue is like the ones before it: there's no innovation, the covers all look the same, and the editorials are uninspiring. Give me The Face and day.
LOL! no you are not the only person. Not saying that I dont like her-because I really dont care that much either way :wink: -but there are a whole slew of ppl who cannot stand the woman :lol:

I love Uma :heart: Especially since ppl always tell me now I look like her :lol: :heart:

Am I the only who thinks that Uma looks a bit like Maggie Rizer on the first pic?
Or is it cuz it's so small I cant tell?
(shud I get new contacts???)
:wacko:

i didnt like the march 2002 gwyneth alot !MY best gwyneth wasa the uk vogue where they made her glam with turqoise on the cover i think october last yer!

She actually does look like maggie!Meanwhile maggie has a phine new editorial i think for french elle

I think she looks lovely. :heart: More pictures from her editorial.

100120595.jpg
100120597.jpg

Photo: Annie Leibovitz

I don't know... I'm not feeling the goddess vamp that Uma is going for. She's just so... lean and... hungry looking. Like she's been systematically starved to death, just in time for this cover shoot.

Uma was much, much, much more beautiful when she first came out. Now she's barely more than a bag o' bones. I miss her former golden beauty, back whe she had, you know, curves.

Amber Valetta
ph.Steven Meisel
"Suiting Up"

scanned by me

Love this issue, if i remeber correctly the following eds are in this:

amber Valetta by Meisel (love it!)
Karen ELson and Elise Crombez by Elgort
Angela Lindvall by Terry Richardson (!) and one group shot with Elise, Eugenia, Liya, Angela and Daria)
there is also a special front of book section about the VH1 awards or something with and ed by McDean with Karolina Kurkova and there is a front of book series of pics by Meisel with Daria, Jessica Stam, Stella Tennant, Elise, Eugenia, Liya, Carolina Ribeiro, Bridget Hall and Karen Elson. Really nice too bad its not printed as a proper ed.

Last edited by a moderator:
the cover reminds me a lot of the one Nicole Kidman did (the one where she had the Austrailia editorial with Hugh Jackman)
anyway Uma is a good figure to show off the clothes. but.. i wish it were a model.
could've been worse.

I clicked on this thread somehow thinking it was the November 2008 issue, and when I saw a tiny pic of the cover, was disgusted that they would recycle their themes, when I'd seen it 'somewhere before'.

Karen Elson & Elise Crombez
ph.Arthur Elgort
Fashion Editor:Grace Coddington.

scanned by me

Last edited by a moderator:
Angela Lindvall
Ph.Terry Richardson
Fashion Editor:Camilla Nickerson

scanned by me

there is a front of book series of pics by Meisel with Daria, Jessica Stam, Stella Tennant, Elise, Eugenia, Liya, Carolina Ribeiro, Bridget Hall and Karen Elson. Really nice too bad its not printed as a proper ed.
It is really really nice!

scanned by me

This issue was pretty good but not the best of the year, Elgort and Meisel/Amber were particularly good. 2003 was the last GREAT year for US Vogue IMO even though I'm one of it's 'supporters' quote on quote

I love this issue - especially Angela shot by terry and the girls by meisel.
Thanks for the scans :flower:
Is this the only ed that terry has ever shot for vogue us ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->