US Vogue November 2023 : Carey Mulligan by Jack Davison

Ouch! Does every picture have to look like some visual pun for 12-year olds?!?!?!?

Miss the multi-page fashion editorials with top models. There are too many celebrity features in this issue.

Melody Maker
Photo Jack Davison
Editor Tonne Goodman
By Maya Singer
Subject Carey Mulligan
Hair Mari Ohashi
Makeup Niamh Quinn

vogue archive

Living for la Ciudad
Photo Emmanuel "Chivo" Lubezki
Editor Max Ortega
Models Aneken Zaldivar, Celeste Romero, Tindi Mar
Hair Joey George
Makeup Ana Gutiérrez

vogue archive

Rebel Rebel
Photo Annie Leibovitz
By Chioma Nnadi
Editor Tabitha Simmons
Subject Angelina Jolie w/Zahara & Pax
Hair Massimo Serini, Shingo Shibata
Makeup Lisa Houghton, Raisa Flowers

vogue archive

Big Lights
Photo Norman Jean Roy
Editor Max Ortega
By Marley Marius
Subjects Alicia Keys, Maleah Joi Moon
Hair Nai'vasha
Makeup Ayako Yoshimura, Kuma

vogue archive

Wake Up
Photo Larrisa Hofmann
Editor Alex Harrington
By Alessandra Codinha
Makeup Fara Homidi

vogue archive

Soft Power
Photo Larissa Hofmann
Editor Alex Harrington
Model Lila Moss
Hair Blake Henderson
Makeup Fara Homidi

vogue archive

The La Ciudad edit was pretty great but veered as usual into the CGI large room shots.

Angelinas shots are a total mess. Not sure whats happening here. Anna dropped the ball. She shouldve gotten Angelina and Family in something like Loewe JWA photographed at a goat milk farm in California.

vogue is so shady. “The movie everybodys waiting for” i literally have no clue what the maestro is. Im not looking it up bc im sure i dont care. Vogue is so shady and toxic.

the photo set with carey is pretty great. As a fashion editorial its bad because the clothes are barely discernable. The composition and over all newness of the shots are what make it remarkable. If we could get like 4 more shots with discernable clothing it would be out of this world.

I really love this issue!
I think the cover is very lively and fantastic and I love the fact that Jolie didn’t have the cover somehow.
Cohesive and good issue.

Angelina didnt have the cover because - from the look of it - her series didnt have much to work with. Careys series feels like it was never intended to be the cover.

Angelina didnt have the cover because - from the look of it - her series didnt have much to work with. Careys series feels like it was never intended to be the cover.
No judging by the credits, I think Carey was meant to be a cover girl/story.
I didn’t look at the credits for Angelina at first but it’s all Chloé.
Carey has all the big advertisers in her.

The cover looks like a stock photo where you search for girl with balloon. The other eds are beautiful, Anna should have given Alicia Keys a much deserved cover with that mood. It would have been very powerful.

Wasted opportunitity to make multicovers with Angelina and Alicia

Some magazines can't resist a multi-cover extravaganza, while for other editions, it seems to happen once in a blue moon.

I like Lila's ed. She's serving a bit like Maggie Rizer and Angela Lindvall there. She would have been a favorite in the late 90s. Has the beauty type from that era.

Unfortunately, the fashion coverage is nothing to get excited about. I was surprised how weak it is when I received the issue. The model casting is usually such a disappointment issue after issue. Lila Moss, really?

And that Lila Moss editorial has been reprinted in many other editions.

Some editorials remain tolerable after you've seen them for the sixth time, while others don't offer much in the first place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigsadrn
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->