V Magazine #136 Summer 2022 : Gisele Bündchen by Blair Getz Mezibov

All hail the sexy Gisele! What a treat. What. A. Treat!! The previews and teasers got my hopes up and they certainly did not disappoint. Thee supermodel power on display, she is stunning as ever and serving what only the models of her era can serve. And on top of all that, there's the power in her name! I missed being hyped up for fashion magazines. How good it feels!

All five covers below, those fold-outs are incredible:

V136_COVER_DIGITAL.jpg
V136_COVER_DIGITAL2.jpg

V136_COVER_DIGITAL3-scaled.jpg
V136_COVER_DIGITAL4-scaled.jpg
V136_COVER_DIGITAL5-scaled.jpg

vmagazine

YES SEXY GISELE IS BACK like i love and respect her embracing the whole nature mom identity, but my gosh is this so refreshing and needed right now

She looks fantastic really. It's nice to see a proper model working the crap out of clothes despite the dire straits of the actual fashion these days.

However - and this maybe just the cynicism in me lol but it just feels like a glimpse into a bygone era.

LOVE her and love this: unapologetic, sexy, strong and yesss a real supermodel on a magazine cover.
This is what we love:
- gorgeous world renowned supermodel
- sexy outfits and sexy poses
- elegance / glamour / over-the-top / sassy and everything in between
- dark yet cliché yet high fashion
= a winning covershoot.

That is THE winning formula against the last 5 years of normcore / soft / no-sexy images / boring not posing poses / Covid era we've been living through.
We want REAL REAL REAL supers like Gisele doing 50 000 covers every year ahahah and looking sexy AND strong AND chic doing multiple campaigns and editorials and covers.
I wished it was a Vogue France or Italian Vogue with Meisel but I'm sure she'll turn up on a new Vogue cover soon :smile: as she should. Gisele is truly one of the very ver very best.

I guess it's a reflection of the sad state of things that people are losing their minds over this. I don't find any of the photos particularly memorable. Gisele looks great, as she always does, but I don't like the direction and there's no standout image. One cover is giving Dangerous Woman, another is giving David Yurman advert (I know it's Cartier, but the aesthetic), the others are kinda trashy but fun enough I suppose. Just not cohesive or exciting to me. I'm curious to see the inside, though. The cover promises Giselerama, lets hope they deliver a massive spread.

I guess it's a reflection of the sad state of things that people are losing their minds over this. I don't find any of the photos particularly memorable. Gisele looks great, as she always does, but I don't like the direction and there's no standout image. One cover is giving Dangerous Woman, another is giving David Yurman advert (I know it's Cartier, but the aesthetic), the others are kinda trashy but fun enough I suppose. Just not cohesive or exciting to me. I'm curious to see the inside, though. The cover promises Giselerama, lets hope they deliver a massive spread.

I thought it was just me, and while I don't hate it, I think it is far from all the praise it is getting. But then again, it could just be speaking to the state of fashion magazines at the moment.

It's fine. It isn't memorable, and for this being her first shoot after a four year hiatus, and them touting that, you'd expect a more blockbuster result.

My favorite Gisele's appearance in V is V#54 by Mario Testino. This is close to matching that edition's greatness and she exemplifies that wise Tyra Banks' quote really well: "hoe...but make it fashion".

url

url

I like the cover with her side behind best. The other ones, just okay.

^^^Harvey Wenstein awful actions killed the "sex sells" in media.

Love Gisele, she still can be such a powerful name in industry, and she will to the infinity. So sexy, it looks so Cortina.

She looks amazing on this new edit & the 3rd reminds me to a Mikael Jansson's story from Vogue Paris or WSJ Magazine.

Love Gisele, and good to see her sexy side as well...she looks amazing...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
limonjuices
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->