V Magazine #136 Summer 2022 : Gisele Bündchen by Blair Getz Mezibov

^^^Harvey Wenstein awful actions killed the "sex sells" in media.

Love Gisele, she s̶t̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶ ̶b̶e̶ *IS* such a powerful name in industry, and she will to the infinity. So sexy, it looks so Cortina.

giphy.webp

Not *JUST* Harvey Wenstein, but the whole bloody #MeToo movement and/or effing Cancel Culture ostracism. (As I am aware of, "everyone is innocent until proven guilty", and when it comes to some of the most prominent fashion photographers of the past 30-ish years - including poor Patrick Demarchelier, may his soul rest in peace :( - literally EVERYTHING is hearsay (read: PURE allegations!), there are *NOT/HAVEN'T BEEN* a trials, let alone a Supreme Court decisions!!! :furious:)

#metoo might have sprung up in the wake, but Harvey Weinstein was left to hang because other powerful men decided they wanted rid of him, and saw a way to facilitate it. It wasn't because a miracle happened, and the powerless suddenly found their voices powerful enough to disrupt the establishment, although that makes for a more acceptable social narrative and provides the illusion of progress in certain industries.

For every such person the spotlight falls upon, there are numerous others in the background pulling the right strings to ensure their names never get much of a mention.

#metoo might have sprung up in the wake, but Harvey Weinstein was left to hang because other powerful men decided they wanted rid of him, and saw a way to facilitate it. It wasn't because a miracle happened, and the powerless suddenly found their voices powerful enough to disrupt the establishment, although that makes for a more acceptable social narrative and provides the illusion of progress in certain industries.

For every such person the spotlight falls upon, there are numerous others in the background pulling the right strings to ensure their names never get much of a mention.

giphy.webp

giphy.com

Weak at the knees! Gisele reverting back to this sexy, tanned glamazon has been long overdue but oh so worth the wait! It's giving me all sorts of flashback to the good old days when Mario Testino was around and I am obsessed with the styling (those Alain Mikli sunglasses!).

giphy.webp

giphy.com

Love it....so good to see her with her non stop energy....thanks @Zorka

GISELERAMA
Photography:
Blair Getz Mezibov
Styling: Gro Curtis
Hair: Panos Papandrianos
Make-up: Sam Visser
Model: Gisele Bündchen

*Listening Work B**ch by Britney Spears :D

vmagazine.com

Wooooooow! Hot

"The return of the sexy model" - VOGUE, 1998.

"Fashion is back…and Gisele is leading the charge!" - V Magazine, 2022.

We as a species need to photograph her endlessly, relentlessly, ad nauseam, so she is seen by each and every human being alive all around the world, and the generations to come are shown proof that she once walked the earth and was no myth. We bear witness to an existence.

Who is she. That's the first thing that came to mind the first time I saw her. In the Christmas rush at the airport, surrounded by people and chaos, I remember standing there, US Vogue in my hands, December 1999, meeting her, by Meisel, in shock, in love.

Who is she. I have a name now. But the question stands. Who is this creature. What is this energy. I need to know.

I think the reason selling sexuality died is because American culture in general is conservative, but movements can easily be hijacked by religious forces and they gain ground because its by both religious conservatives and some feminists.

Then you look things like what happened with Victoria's Secret, there were bad people behind the direction. And so the stigma begins.

I think the reason selling sexuality died is because American culture in general is conservative, but movements can easily be hijacked by religious forces and they gain ground because its by both religious conservatives and some feminists.
I don’t think I’d blame the current erasure of sexuality and sensuality from the cultural landscape on religion.

I think it’s much more a result of the #MeToo movement, which created an environment in which any expression of sexuality is now a danger zone, littered with landmines and risks of ruin. Sensuality, by its very nature, is something more emotional and instinctual - but over the last decade, we’ve seen sexuality become extremely “academicized,” which…isn’t very sexy.

^^^Absolutely. The religious fundamentalists— and that includes the Islamic-extremist, not just the bible-thumpers, have usually left what they’ve written off as the Sodom and Gomorrah of the world— the fashion industry, to its apocalyptic doom since the 80s. The so-called progressives-left is fashion’s worst enemy right now.

What is truly hilarious and at the same truly horrifying, is that the so-called progressive-Left have taken the place of religious-Rightwing in 2022: It’s bizarro world come to life. Just like the religious-right before them, the progressive-left frown on blatant displays of gorgeous sensuality; dismiss, diminish and destroy those that do not militantly align with their social and political beliefs; always abide by the hypocritical principle of do-as-I-say-not-as-I do; intolerance, intolerance, intolerance to those that are critical of their extremist, narrow-minded principles…

Growing up in the conservative era of the religious-right, fashion was that great escape— and also such a FU to all the conservative prudes that faux-clutch pearls at the imagery of a gorgeous naked woman— and gorgeous naked man. Now it’s the so-called progressive-left that’s banning and canceling the imagery of a gorgeous naked women and gorgeous naked men. You seriously cannot make this Animal Farm life-imitating-art up LOL… Weeps…

Anyway, nice to see womanly sensuality overtly displayed, of course. But it’s all very crash-course Testino-lite. The Helmut Newton Playboy bunny and Gisele in B&W are the best— mostly cuz B&W always masks an inferior shot and looks more expensive than it really is, and the ones in color are on the Insta-side of cheap. (And I get the impression that fashion has forgotten how to cast hot, red-blooded men. Cuz these guys aren’t it.)

The editorial is sorta disappointing. I mostly like the b&w shots because of their grittiness…the poolside ones are outtake material at best, very little energy when compared to her Versace campaign by M&M which went for a similar vibe. I do like the shot of her in that red jacket.

This is really not as great as ya'll are pretending.
She looks great, but there is nothing glamorous, interesting, or really all that sexy about these images.
The bunny cover is cute tho.
This is great. I'm not pretending.

I remember it happened the same in the 80s during Ronald Reagan years. He blamed the influence of media for the rise of divorse, the p*rn*gr*phy, the aids crisis, etc. Feminist from that time were after Hugh Hefner's head blaming him for the violence against women. I saw this in "Sex: The Revolution" on VH1. That documentary explain well what happened and what's going on. It was released in 2008, when sexuality was very present in pop culture. Who knew that we will going back again in some issues, like anti abortion laws or pointing that anything in media related with sex is pervertion. Now we are living under so much pressure like the beginning, but some of the topics are good for society, like gender equality at work, diversity in sexual orientation (plus same sex marriage or adoption), sexual education, and awareness about violence and abuse.

Last edited by a moderator:
^^^Absolutely. The religious fundamentalists— and that includes the Islamic-extremist, not just the bible-thumpers, have usually left what they’ve written off as the Sodom and Gomorrah of the world— the fashion industry, to its apocalyptic doom since the 80s. The so-called progressives-left is fashion’s worst enemy right now.

What is truly hilarious and at the same truly horrifying, is that the so-called progressive-Left have taken the place of religious-Rightwing in 2022: It’s bizarro world come to life. Just like the religious-right before them, the progressive-left frown on blatant displays of gorgeous sensuality; dismiss, diminish and destroy those that do not militantly align with their social and political beliefs; always abide by the hypocritical principle of do-as-I-say-not-as-I do; intolerance, intolerance, intolerance to those that are critical of their extremist, narrow-minded principles…

Growing up in the conservative era of the religious-right, fashion was that great escape— and also such a FU to all the conservative prudes that faux-clutch pearls at the imagery of a gorgeous naked woman— and gorgeous naked man. Now it’s the so-called progressive-left that’s banning and canceling the imagery of a gorgeous naked women and gorgeous naked men. You seriously cannot make this Animal Farm life-imitating-art up LOL… Weeps…

Anyway, nice to see womanly sensuality overtly displayed, of course. But it’s all very crash-course Testino-lite. The Helmut Newton Playboy bunny and Gisele in B&W are the best— mostly cuz B&W always masks an inferior shot and looks more expensive than it really is, and the ones in color are on the Insta-side of cheap. (And I get the impression that fashion has forgotten how to cast hot, red-blooded men. Cuz these guys aren’t it.)
Don't mistake what I said as descriptive of the progressive left as a whole. I've never met this supposed leftist in any community I've ever been in, so from my experience I can only assume it must be largely from those disconnected so to speak. I'm sure there are many progressives that are conservative when it comes to this sort of thing, but I think that is more to do with American culture rather than something to do with progressivism.

I will also add to this. The most you will get from a progressive is a thread calling it "problematic" if you flipped this around and she was curvy, what you will get from the right is that this is "authoritarian tolerance". Then they will go on some fascist tangent about how everything somebody is or looks is because of some inherent part of their blood.

Last edited by a moderator:
SHAPES OF STROMAE
Photography:
Domen & Van De Velde
Styling: Gro Curtis
Hair: Joeri Rouffa
Make-up: Peter Philips
Model/Celebrity: Paul Van Haver

vmagazine.com

THE EIZA EFFECT
Photography:
Jack Bridgland