Valentino F/W 2023.24 : Kaia Gerber by Steven Meisel

Hard to believe this is what Meisel has to offer these days...

Classic Meisel, looks quite promising so far. Perhaps my favorite direction he's taken under Pierpaolo so far...

Hard to believe this is what Meisel has to offer these days...

Frankly, what do you expect? A full blown extravaganza? Adjust your expectations to the time we live in. It's never enough when he does classic studio portraits, now it's not enough when he's shooting on location. Whatever.

It reminds me of his last Ralph Lauren campaign, which I also quite liked. I do hope it's just Kaia and not a typical Valentino clan of odd looking people.

Styling is quite bad (she doesn't look her best either), but I appreciate the studio shift. Looking forward to see more!

^^^One can only do so much with the vile childrenswear fashions that’s become synonymous with this label.

I do hope it's just Kaia and not a typical Valentino clan of odd looking people.

LOL But of course it will be a clan of oddballs! Must get that headcount in there or else the children will be up in arms, in faux-rage mode. This image is good enough. Very Hedi’s Celine, with its trustfund baby attitude.

Kinda liking this...a lot. Giving me 90s Meisel vibes.

I agree with you with that, but i dislike the Kaia's pose because she seems than don't learn how to front of been close to the camera.

seriously? it’s so lacklustre and being b&w does not help at all.

Looks like one of his more simple Zara campaigns. Which isn't a bad thing, just the way things are going nowadays.

What really puts me off this is what she's doing with her face in this (or NOT doing). So uncoordinated looking.

I hate how flat Meisel's work is nowadays. It could be AI generated.

it's a no for me. I think Valentino has much stronger campaigns when it was the two of them.

I don't hate it but her neck position is a bit weird, the skirt is awful and it looks like Celine

^^^One can only do so much with the vile childrenswear fashions that’s become synonymous with this label.

LOL But of course it will be a clan of oddballs! Must get that headcount in there or else the children will be up in arms, in faux-rage mode. This image is good enough. Very Hedi’s Celine, with its trustfund baby attitude.
So that's what has been bugging me with current Valentino in the last couple of years. Thank you for finally putting my feelings into tangible words.

She's giving me some Elise Crombez vibes:

Vogue Italia Archive
But that is actually glamorous and a tad mysterious. The thing up there just looks bland and eDgY.

This is dull, I was very excited for this, hopefully some color images,

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
duckyjeanjo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->