Valentino Resort 2018 by Terry Richardson

Imari Karanja, Selena Forrest & Faretta

instagram/maisonvalentino

Besides, the models look like dogs in a shelter - absolutely miserable and slightly afraid of the camera.

Did they not consult PR beforehand? Or did they just not care? Surely they could have scrapped the ad given what's been happening in the past couple weeks.

For what it's worth, they stopped crediting Terry on their new posts on instagram.

I think that photography is fine, interesting concept for Valentino. especially for their new line. I know people hate Terry because of his attitude and I completely share this vision.
But pictures looks different from the Valentino main campaigns, and there are actually models, not some insta-girls or supermodels from the past whom I am tired of so much.

Besides, the models look like dogs in a shelter.

:lol::lol: Yes, they do!! The photography and styling is revolting. I would hate on this even if it wasn't shot by him. The makeup on Tori Bowie is really bad and looks cheap.

Was surprised to finds that modelling is just a side gig, and that she's actually a big Olympic athlete!

Makeup by Pat McGrath and hair by Duffy, according to DNA Models

On Tuesday afternoon, a Valentino spokesperson told the Daily Beast: “Valentino's last campaign with photographer Terry Richardson was shot in July 2017–there are no plans on a future campaign and, of course, take these allegations against Terry Richardson seriously.”

A spokesperson for Valentino would not elaborate on why the label had decided to terminate their working relationship with the photographer only now, in the wake of Richardson being blacklisted by Condé Nast International titles, including Vogue and GQ.
cr: dailybeast

Valentino acting as if Terry was innocent before July 2017. Disgusting.

Yeah, they were living under a rock in 2014, apparently. :angry:

Horrible campaign in general and the fact it was shot by Terry makes it even worse.

This is the opposite of what I think of when I imagine Valentino; I'm not sure I really like it. That being said, Faretta and Selena Forrest are the standouts in the group. The solo image of Ratner is also p nice, especially with those BEAUTIFUL doll-like eyes of hers

This ad is currently pasted to the walls of a building site in Camden Town, advertising a pop-up shop in Harrods :rolleyes:
Had to take a pic when walking past.
Super-luxe haute couture prom-dresses-R-us Valentino trying to emulate Helmut Lang edgy-street vibe.

Attachments

• IMG_8880.jpg
    IMG_8880.jpg
    543.9 KB · Views: 9
Controversy aside, it's a bad campaign. It's not glamorous, it's weird, the cast is weird, the set is weird.
I love Pierpaolo but this is a no!

If at least it had some humor...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bloopybloop
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->