Valentino Resort 2025 Milan

I think it's a very promising first offering. It's definitely more streamlined than Michele's final years at Gucci, and it's way better than PPP's tenure, even if his first shows were quite strong. If Alessandro stays being true to the brand, and I'd say this collection is an indicator of that, it has a huge potential for further development. It's charming without being pretentious, it's wearable when the looks are dissected, the accessories are very strong, there's nothing to complain, really. And I want to see his couture!

The styling feels super old and passé. I don’t hate that he went for a very pretty, romantic and even corny approach, it can be cute sometimes in the accessories (as Tomblanks, the tfser, pointed out with the shoes), but it just feels so dated. 2016/2017.

I don’t see Michele as a fashion designer but as a product designer. I don’t see any fashion depth to his offerings, doesn’t matter how philosophical he wants to be about it, it all falls super flat.

I was never PPP biggest fan, but I kind of respected he had a mature approach to fashion. I feel he will burn Valentino as much as he burnt Gucci.

Oh Alessandro...

...always here for a surprise. Hm... or not. He's such a stubborn, hardworking maniac!

Many desireable pieces here and there - to fall in love again and again. and again.
I'm hooked for his first Valentino show.

Honestly i prefer this a million times over Piccioli's Valentino.

Though I like his aesthetic, oh, he is so predictable and now his Gucci is back at Valentino when I almost forget that Maria brought her Valentino to Dior years ago.

Gucci 2.0.

Pretty much what I was expecting, still disappointed though. There are some interesting pieces here and there, but they are drowned in the nerdy and heavy styling...it feels very 2016/17 to me.

I still pine for the jetset Italian glamour that Mr Valentino himself used to bring to the table.

Inb4 this was supposed to be a Fendi collection.

Seriously though, there are desirable pieces that I feel like could use a fresher styling. I’m not really concerned for the repetition, but rather how dated the styling is.

I think I've seen this film before
And I didn't like the ending

Does he know there is a skill call editing? Who thought it was a good idea to bombard 100+ looks for your debut? By the time I'm looking through look 80 I'm already tired.
This is just his usual parade but this time it just with a Valentino on it. I'm sure there are some Valentino-ism elements sprinkle here and there in the collection, but please I ain't got no time looking through these insane amounts of merchandise. Surprise me when you presented a collection with only 50 looks or less Alessandro.
The shoes, the bags, the presentation even the styling are giving the fact that he just can't evolve, this is all he got. The least he can do is change the stylist, get someone new so at least they can add some new perspective to his antic grandparents closet vision.

For a guy talk a lot about philosophy, where is his evolution? Where is his reincarnation? If this the sneak peak of what his tenure going to be. Then, thank you next, I'm moving on.

And this man have the audacity to think that he can kick Silvia out so he can do Fendi all by himself. Please have several seats.

Sorry but MGC and PPP is still the best tenure for this house.

If people on Instagram are calling this Vucci, you can tell it’s not a good sign… After all these years, I’m still hoping there’s justice for AlessandrA, who really understood the essence of the brand.

Anyway, if he gets a new stylist, it might get a bit better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamal2isgood
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->