Valentino Resort 2025 Milan

Ever been to a vintage store ? Because I can go to any vintage store and recreate all the looks from this collection...
:unsure:
I’m sure that you could. At this point referring to Michele’s aesthetic as “vintage” is almost redundant.

However, creating a collection of this scale in two months is quite a feat and that I find impressive, vintage-looking or not.

If people on Instagram are calling this Vucci, you can tell it’s not a good sign… After all these years, I’m still hoping there’s justice for AlessandrA, who really understood the essence of the brand.

Anyway, if he gets a new stylist, it might get a bit better.
Exactly! She was fired for not taking inspiration from the archive though her collections were so beautiful and more respectful to the house code than this. I really want to know what’s his thought after seeing this collection by AM.

“Valentino himself then joined the fray, complaining that Facchinetti had not sufficiently respected his legacy: "There is an existing archive with thousands of dresses where [a designer] can draw and take inspiration from to create a Valentino product that is relevant today. It is a shame that [Facchinetti] didn't feel this need."”

Exactly! She was fired for not taking inspiration from the archive though her collections were so beautiful and more respectful to the house code than this. I really want to know what’s his thought after seeing this collection by AM.

“Valentino himself then joined the fray, complaining that Facchinetti had not sufficiently respected his legacy: "There is an existing archive with thousands of dresses where [a designer] can draw and take inspiration from to create a Valentino product that is relevant today. It is a shame that [Facchinetti] didn't feel this need."”

She was amazing designer,

I love most of this and they need fresh air. Are we complaining that this is too Gucci ? Or to Michele? Anyways. Lots of things to buy and what a amazing selection of items, this fits much better then Gucci. Anyways it's all a dream world built to sell bags, the real test comes couture week.

This is just like H&M....a bunch of unnecessary garments. I remember I walked into a Gucci outlet in 2018....All the insane runway items placed together like the rooms of those Japanese fashion vitcims from the 90's magazine.

Those Bianca looks are divine but that's it.

Jessica Chastain and Anne Hathaway classic Hollywood celebs please
Don't want to see Hari Nerf or Dakota Johnson, time to move on
Inspired by you, but for the casting (like playing with paper dolls + bad photoshop skills)
What If..
WhatIf...jpg
And then i realized there must be other factors, not just the casting, that annoyed me. Hey, it's not that simple..LOL

Girl, who do you think we are? A librarian? Just scrolling through this is exhausting. It is kind of what I would imagine him doing. But I was hoping he change the styling. Someone with sophisticated and lighter hand could really make this work. And making this many looks doesn’t help. He need to refine, focus and edit. Hopefully a full show will be better. Also bags. Need better bags.

This was quite controversial on social media with many saying that it was literally his Gucci. I feel like he would do better heading his own atelier than trying to modify those heritage brands. Valentino needs to go back to its grassroots of that sophisticated glamorous Italian glamour. He's a good designer with a strong aesthetic but its too loud for a traditional brand.

Identical to his Gucci lol no joke. But we knew it already.

As @Lola701 said, no matter how many times you reference the archives, it's useless if you don't understand the spirit of the house.

A good counter example is the modern Courreges. De Felice barely makes direct reference to the archives but he captures the spirit of Courreges like no other did before.

I don't see Michele changing honestly. Nothing can disturb his castle of sexless bored kids wearing grandma's clothes - and it's a shame because it proves his worldbuiding is not flexible, it's rather limited.

Also bags. Need better bags.

Not going to repost here but I basically did an IG story breaking down the design details of one of the chain flap bags which appeared in this collection and comparing it to PPP’s Vlock flap bag to show how dated AM’s design sensibility is, and his lack of depth when it comes to accessories design

(Yes, both AM and PPP didn’t personally designed the bags BUT they were the ones who signed off on what were presented)

Honestly, most of these looks, toned down and seen on any woman above 35, will look as frumpy and old as anything Virginie Viard designed for Chanel.

I get that, this style of fashion is the polar opposite of my taste but who does it really look good on? While I ask myself the same thing about Rodarte, I can at least assume this delivers as a product with the necessary polish but as an aesthetic, it only really comes alive on a young girl, like the Fanning sisters.

I literally laughed out loud. This is hilarious. Seeing this Gucci Redux and some of the reactions here is just too much! What a mess. I love it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yaseminnnn
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->