Valentino Resort 2025 Milan

Also, who photographed this mess? Whoever did this did NOT help. Looks even more old fashioned.. like some casting call from a bad BBC Agatha Christie TV series from 1950s. Stuffy, heavy and so bad!!!!!!!
Ugh, Michelle is such a granny/boring designer.

Putting aside wither this is dated or if it is desirable or not, I am confused by the overall line of thinking: they fire him from Gucci because sales were plateauing and then Valentino poaches him to do the same thing? it is even weirder considering that Kering owns about a third of Valentino and more soon. It is illogical on the a plain level and does not make sense for people in power who make a load of money to be making such decisions.

He is not Hedi, he does not have a the devoted fanbase to follow him wherever he goes and continue to buy his stuff enough to keep a big house like Valentino financially happy.

I am already dreading the Valentino campaigns with the granny-chic aesthetic.....

Also, who photographed this mess? Whoever did this did NOT help. Looks even more old fashioned.. like some casting call from a bad BBC Agatha Christie TV series from 1950s. Stuffy, heavy and so bad!!!!!!!
Ugh, Michelle is such a granny/boring designer.
It’s says on Vogue Runway that Ola Rindal did the images.

I gotta say, even thought the styling is 100% the same as AM Gucci, and the pieces are still in the same vein of the granny-chic aesthetic, it does feel much cleaner and a little more slimmed down than the last AM Gucci shows. It does have an elegance that wasn’t really there previously. I’m hoping he continues to cut down on the excessive mixing and clean it up further, especially when it comes to the HC pieces.

Apparently some people from social media are buying it...

The conclusion has been made long ago but this is another firm data point that shows the disinterest in creative vision any of these suits have. They are just shuffling the same designers around to do their own thing at whatever the shell of the “house” (company) they’re assigned to. I guess because if their style dies out as a trend, the house name is still big enough to ride on to sell to consumers if they fire and rehire for a completely different look. It really is all about moving product and making money. 😴

Inspired by you, but for the casting (like playing with paper dolls + bad photoshop skills)
What If..
View attachment 1279296
And then i realized there must be other factors, not just the casting, that annoyed me. Hey, it's not that simple..LOL

That Vittoria picture is really good, once their PR team put these clothes on proper A-list actresses and supermodels, they will do insanely well.

Very ugly… And I don’t hate him as a designer… but this unedited Gucci rehash is done, overplayed, hideous and unnecessary in 2024… We have moved on… it’s like an awful ex who keeps coming back!! Yes we know he has his signature but damnn he could’ve made some tweeks!!

Putting aside wither this is dated or if it is desirable or not, I am confused by the overall line of thinking: they fire him from Gucci because sales were plateauing and then Valentino poaches him to do the same thing? it is even weirder considering that Kering owns about a third of Valentino and more soon. It is illogical on the a plain level and does not make sense for people in power who make a load of money to be making such decisions.

He is not Hedi, he does not have a the devoted fanbase to follow him wherever he goes and continue to buy his stuff enough to keep a big house like Valentino financially happy.

I am already dreading the Valentino campaigns with the granny-chic aesthetic.....
Gucci revenues under Michele went from 2,9 to 10 nearly billions, yes Gucci was plateauing at the end, but with De Sarno they are going backwards to 8 billions or less.
Valentino is a much smaller operation, 1,4 billion, it's less than half of YSL (3 billions) and Ferragamo at their peak 7 years ago, and they barely grew under PPP, they tried to milk that Rockstud thing for 10 years now.
So Michele has proved he can produce It accessories and sell RTW at the same time.
It's not odd from Valentino's management and owners to want a bit of that growth.

And Garavani and Giametti should be more concerned about their melting facelifts.

It all feels like a catalogue for a "Granny takes a trip" and Biba auction at Christie´s.

For the ones saying that he should create his own brand... It would not work. His "creations" only work under the name of an historic name. Michele by himself is nothing. People buy it because it's Gucci or Valentino... You would never buy that if it was AM.

It's not like Phoebe, Tom Ford, Hedi Slimane or Nicolas Ghesquière, who actually have a personal approach to clothing. This is all pure styling and gimmick. I can recreate all those looks with garments from the dollar store and you would not even notice.

In fact, a cowoker who thinks she's special and unique because she buys vitange clothing has a blue dress like the one Mariacarla is wearing in the photoshopped image. I add her a scarf in the hair and voilà.

Just inserting some tongue-in-cheek commentary here-

Honestly I feel that this series of images of Nicola Coughlan for Kim Kardashian’s Skims feels more Valentino than whatever AM is presenting…

Go take a look and you’ll get what I mean. A woman should look confident in Valentino, and not look like some tween dressing up in their great grandmother’s clothing

And so far I don’t really see anyone commenting about the menswear. And browsing through the history of the maison, a Valentino men has always been somewhat of a crisp and sharp man in a nicely tailored suit, this collection isn’t what a Valentino man is.

More fashion wallflowers and Wes Andersonisms that have become increasingly exhausting to look at.

My main gripe with all of this - and others have mentioned this - is he was literally ousted from Gucci for the same repetitive shtick. So to have him back at a Kering associated brand doing the same thing just baffles me… It just also shows that not only is the creative division lacking by the suits and decision makers, but they’re even getting memory loss for why they made previous decisions. Is giving him Valentino an apology? An appeasement? Catering to disgruntled fans? There really is no point to him actually being hired again only to churn out the same stuff so it’s all just confusing.

You could say it is a little more refined and a tad skewed from before, but it’s still the same thing. Overly stuffy and unedited. Social media content making 101.

First of all there is no woman in the pictures. It's all children looking girls.

If you think of a confident, rich, fit woman in her 30-50s , that's the nightmare of most new fashion designers.

sorry i see Gucci not valentino

No, you are looking at Michele's aesthetic, even if he had been hired for Etro, he will design the same dress and capes with the paisley print justifying his romantic and old-fashioned silhouettes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yaseminnnn
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->