Valentino S/S 2004 Paris

What label are Valentino's higher-end collections under? The normal label seems rather cheap and barely a designer label at all. Valentino Couture?

Originally posted by chickonspeed+Dec 1st, 2003 - 3:37 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(chickonspeed @ Dec 1st, 2003 - 3:37 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-mikeijames@Dec 1st, 2003 - 4:21 pm
the house of valentino rarely puts on a flashy fashion-forward spectaculars...i think that valentino, just like many of the more established houses, have shows that appeal to a restricted, well-understood, returning client. and i think that these clothes appealed to that client.
I'm not asking Valentino to pull fashion spectacles like Kawakubo's skirt extravaganza for CDG. I think that, even in the realm of Valentino, this collection is lacking. His spring and fall 2003 shows were sublime--true luxury through and through. This one seems a little cheap and comes up short.

But going back to your point: does the 55 year old Valentino customer really want to adorn herself with butterflies and floaty pastel chiffon? I don't think so. [/b][/quote]
unfortunately, i think that those old women do want those frilly ugly things...i can just see a septugenarian hosting a garden party at her tuscan castle wearing something like this and thinking she beyond-stylish. ditto for the old french woman on holiday in capri.

this collection was too young for Valentino customers, a 55year old woman is not that ancient in ourdays mike, and trust me, those wealthy ladies seldom go around adorned in frills :P

I used to like valentino, but I haven't cared much for his latest work. This collection wasn't particularly impressive, but I thought it seemed like a cute show - sort of light and floaty and very suited to spring.
Most of the clothing was mediocre but I liked a few of them anyway - I think this collection is just meant to make people feel good, nothing outstanding just clothes to suit the season.

:unsure: sort of dissapointing that the clothes weren't more - I don't know, more valentino :cry:

but I loved this dress, maybe it just looks cute on liya, but its rather lovely

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->