Valentino S/S 2021 Milan

Awful. Duty free clothes. And for once, the menswear is better imo, although that doesn’t say much here.

Valentino/Pierpaolo... I mean they had a good few seasons with their rtw (just look at all the ‘Zalentino’ Leblanc-derivatives in Zara recently)... but this collection... hmmm... tough pill to swallow

And the bags look like they have collaborated with Fendi (Peekaboo) and Balenciaga (‘Ikea’ oversized tote)... what happened what happened? (Especially when he just had a pretty breathtaking-on-first-sight couture collection...

Or did they blast all their budget on the fabric for that show and had to go through the dead stock of Dolce & Gabbana for this?)

the looks with the ruffles and the denim are nice, and the proportions on the longer top half but those studs...those bags look so old

No feathers? Shocking.

Outlet material.

My sentiment exactly. These are all solid clothes you could wear and look nice any day, but the audacity to stage an entire fashion show during a pandemic and sell this local-mall-looking crap for thousands of dollars... blasphemous. They need a reality check. Also, those massive bags are fugly!

There is really nothing to talk about here. It’s Basic with a capital B. We’ve seen these clothes everywhere for years. Personally I think it’s in poor taste to show unremarkable clothes in such a frivolous way. It’s arrogant and condescending. Just because you can doesn't mean you should. Does anyone really care these days if you have enough money to put on a big show? The work should do all the talking. All I’m hearing is crickets. A lookbook with 5-10 models would have sufficed. What a waste of money, time, and resources.

Why is it in Milan?

One time only. Back in August it seemed safer to show in Italy, rather than in France, where contagions were soaring (and still are). Also I think it sounded like an act of support for the Italian fashion system in time of crisis and a sort of patriotic gesture on behalf of PPP and the suits.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->