Valentino S/S 2025 Paris

It feels very déjà-vu and I blame the excessive styling. To be honest, my favorite look was on the girl wearing the blazer with jeans. It felt chic and easy.

I believe without the amount of lace gloves, piercings and better casting, it would’ve felt less Michele and more Garavani.

Presentation was gorgeous, though. He’s got great eyes for accessories.

He almost fooled me with that first look...
The most anticipated show of the season and the most flop one. He confirmed he is a one trick pony that got the most one dimensional vision ever.
Terrible Light and presentation for a debut show, everything looked so demodé and passé, like raiding into a dusty trunk filled with vintage costumes.
It's Gucci with leftover piercings from Riccardo Tisci's Givenchy.
I dare to find someone defending this crap of a show.

Best show of the season, IDGAF. The styling is definitely Michele, but the darker colour palette and lack of pop and hiphop elements created a nice separation between this and Gucci.

No evolution, Gucci 2.0. And I don’t care if you can show me a picture of Jackie O wearing one of these re-issued dresses. It’s the styling, the design, sure put on those chunky glasses, layers of pearls and lace gloves but the outcome is the same and he is stuck in the past. Has nothing new to offer fashion that he hasn’t already said at Gucci. Bohemian, period-dressing – all of which you can find marked down to 70% at the nearest Gucci outlet.

It's significantly more formal than his Gucci was - almost everything was evening wear? In saying that, I'm glad it was so opulent. With all the minimalist and Phoebe-Philo derivate brands we have at the moment, somehow this feels very needed and fresh in a way.

He will succeed massively. There is so much product, I'm sure his new bosses will be happy. Can't wait to see his Couture debut in January!

Here’s the conundrum in a gist: the reference to Valentino’s work are plentiful and, honestly, quite literal, more Valentino than it’s every been before. But the spirit? Where’s the glamour, the polish, the grace? I can’t see it here. Maybe because AM can’t be anything else but himself. And he stands for something quite the opposite to what Valentino has represented in his career. It’s the usual bunch of bored kids in drag, only this time they picked from their rich aunt’s 70’s and 80’s wardrobe, instead of their grannie.

People who loved Gucci will love this. Mods, bohemian spirits, disco-lovers. But it's nothing we haven't already seen.
I did not like his Gucci at all I love the couple of collections but this I love also Valentino is my second favorite fashion designer of all time. I think these characters in this world work much better at Valentino than they do at Gucci.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sighnvera
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->