Valentino S/S 2025 Paris

I love how he reworked old Valentino pieces, but this is not Valentino. It doesn't have the same spirit or allure.

Those nostril gauges are not going to do well on the resale market.

even if its valentino by guci by alessandro michele... i like that the prints this time gave us some time to breathe. You can take pieces with pretty low-key prints that will last you forever. Tailoring and making timeless clothes is really micheles strength. My problem with his gucci was always the loud prints that wouldnt last 1 season.

Some of the denim + suit looks are giving celine a run for its money. That red 4th to the last look's beautiful, minus the grandma socks.

Last edited:
Sure, some pieces do match the archives. But it's more than that. I feel like when you're presenting the collection it's about capturing the whole thing. A lot of these designers are having styling issues. e.g. Chemena.

Add fishnet stockings, a wide brim hat, red lipstick and pencil thin stilettos to look 1 and 3 and you have 1980s Valentino Dynasty style. Wild love to see some of the pieces in an editorial with some 80s stying worn by a strong model.

I find it funny how all these ig accounts are desperate to prove to their audience that this was indeed a Valentino-inspired collection when the problem as i mentioned above is styling,editing and also casting...

Also the menswear have nothing to do with yesterday collection...very vague....

I find it funny how all these ig accounts are desperate to prove to their audience that this was indeed a Valentino-inspired collection when the problem as i mentioned above is styling,editing and also casting...

Also the menswear have nothing to do with yesterday collection...very vague....

I don't think all of them are desperate to show. They're mostly just... showing... for people like me who want to see these comparisons.

I totally agree that styling and editing are crucial for his work to appeal to a broader audience though. And I firmly believe he needs better models no matter how crazy or out of the box he wants to be. Just choose people who can sell the clothes, it doesn't need to be supermodels only

I think I have less problem about "his capability" as a designer, dressmaker but "his vision" as a creative director. The clothes are, without a doubt, Valentino. But what is lacking is emotion, personality and point-of-view. His styling became so tiresome that it lacks magic and charms. It is a repetitive story like what MGC or even PPP had been doing. I am sure, this will be commercial success because his collection always have something for someone. But I don't know if he can extend this for how long. If you takeaway face jewelries, some dolls, some hats and edit some more, this would have been charmingly elegant.

All those comparisons are the reasons why I disagree with the Gucci 2.0 analogy, to me it's Valentino as I knew it back in those times (and like I said earlier very similar to what we have in our archives too). It's more Valentino that when the MGC - PPP did sexless girls straight from the convent. It's literally a throwback in times.
I am still bothered by the casting and the unnecessary face jewels.

Nose piercings and dusty vintage clothes
This guy is overrated from the same start
Not worth of mentioning anymore

Very limited. I have seen all of it before what he has to offer . He get's a house with such legacy and he continues to do what he's doing. Dude you need your own brand

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mooncholly
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->