Vanity Fair December 2020 : Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez by Tyler Mitchell

I know that we’re not supposed to comment on physical appearance when it comes to politicians, but Beto and her are among the very few attractive ones imo.

Hence the saying that's been rolling around for decades: "Politics is show business for ugly people".

Explains a lot when you think of it in that way. For anyone who ever thought it was a dismissive way to describe things... it's exactly how you account for certain people ending up in power.

Nothing was going to top last month's Gal Gadot cover for me, but this is undeniably a beautiful cover and completely inoffensive on the eye! Alexandria photographs well and looks positively radiant here - and despite the floral backdrop, everything still feels suited for a December cover.

LOVE her and love the editorial, the cover is too stiff but I am sure they had better shots, the person who picked this is just not good. Great politician and a smart woman !!!!!! YESSS

AOC exudes so much charm! I love the selection of photos chosen for the editorial even though the final one looks amateurish. The styling is insanely perfect! It’s been ages since I’ve just stared at the clothing in a magazine (styling and the way clothing has been photographed has been a sore point for me for a while). The hula hoop outfit.... gorgeous! I mean, not just the clothing itself but the setting, pose, everything! It’s my favorite pic of the bunch.

I've just seen the cover image from the first page on Magazine Boutique (Conde Nast UK's official subscription site) so it seems the UK is getting the same one.

I've just seen the cover image from the first page on Magazine Boutique (Conde Nast UK's official subscription site) so it seems the UK is getting the same one.

Is she known outside of the US?

There are always political hotshots in America who momentarily become much talked-about in the country... but their significance doesn't translate as well outside of the States. Sure, people elsewhere might hear about them - such is the omnipresent nature of American current affairs - but what they represent won't matter in the same way it does back home.

And if you're someone in the UK who isn't glued to the internet, chances are high that you won't have heard much about her at all. Between Brexit and Covid, there's too much going on in the country already, and the life and times of a New York political representative... it doesn't come high on the list right now.

The core subscribers of UK Vanity Fair are likely to be well-informed about these things - but newsstand sales in local supermarkets in the UK? I don't fancy the chances.

There are always political hotshots in America who momentarily become much talked-about in the country... but their significance doesn't translate as well outside of the States. Sure, people elsewhere might hear about them - such is the omnipresent nature of American current affairs - but what they represent won't matter in the same way it does back home.

And if you're someone in the UK who isn't glued to the internet, chances are high that you won't have heard much about her at all. Between Brexit and Covid, there's too much going on in the country already, and the life and times of a New York political representative... it doesn't come high on the list right now.

The core subscribers of UK Vanity Fair are likely to be well-informed about these things - but newsstand sales in local supermarkets in the UK? I don't fancy the chances.

I look at it as a distraction, the preoccupation with US politics. God knows things are so dire on our end.

Dunno why they don't just do separate covers for the UK edition. We have the bigger chunk of the magazine's advertising anyway because very often a UK edition comes in at 250+ pages whereas the US edition is 119, supplements are only ever sold with the UK edition, and there are many, MANY worthy subjects in the UK to cover that is not the royal family or British-born Hollywood actors. I'd like to see Keir Starmer on the cover but my best bet would be an Alastair Campbell interview in GQ.

Maybe we should get the Little Englanders to kickstart another revolution, lol. VF-exit, NOW!

Michelle Ruiz did an excellent job with this. AOC comes off much better than in her NY Tines interview.

AOC is a smart political operator. Contradictions are what make history,

Becoming AOC
Photo Tyler Mitchell
Editor Carlos Nazario
Fashion Director Nicole Chapoteau
By Michelle Ruiz
Subject Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

vanity fair archive

did they get the cover photo from Tony Awards red carpet from Getty Images?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->