Vanity Fair February 2007 : Demi Moore by Mario Testino

I must read the Tory Burch and Tyra articles. This looks like a good issue content wise.

Emil said:
^^Thanks for posting that!:flower:
Hmm Tory Burch has 6 kids,(all hers)?!?!?!:shock:

If I'm not mistaken, she has 3 sons of her own and 3 stepdaughters of her ex-husband's.

I read the Tory Burch interview but skipped the Tyra Banks one. I disliked Tyra's opening shot, in which she is made to look like a hip Audrey Hepburn with oversized pearl necklaces. But I do agree that this is not a bad issue, content-wise. It even has pretty good advertisements. Chloe with Anja and Raquel and another brunette girl is amazing.

The Tory Burch article is lengthy, well researched, and a good read. It tackled a lot of this Manhattan princess's thorny issues, such as her upbringing (Philly Main Line WASP? A bit of a stretch), religion, ambition (when women who come from considerable wealth date men who have even bigger bank accounts, are they still called social climbers?), a brief marriage in her twenties, her temper (she is not as reserved when in private), her husband's exploitation of the dot com madness, her divorce, and the subsequent battle against her soon-to-be-ex husband for credit over her company's success. The tone is neither laudatory nor condescending--the article made it clear that, while Burch is a lot of things, a socialite she is not.

LibertyRose said:
The Tory Burch article is lengthy, well researched, and a good read. It tackled a lot of this Manhattan princess's thorny issues, such as her upbringing (Philly Main Line WASP? A bit of a stretch), religion, ambition (when women who come from considerable wealth date men who have even bigger bank accounts, are they still called social climbers?), a brief marriage in her twenties, her temper (she is not as reserved when in private), her husband's exploitation of the dot com madness, her divorce, and the subsequent battle against her soon-to-be-ex husband for credit over her company's success. The tone is neither laudatory nor condescending--the article made it clear that, while Burch is a lot of things, a socialite she is not.

interesting observations, libertyrose...
it's funny that they don't consider her a socialite since before her line was launched, she essentially was, a socialite, hosting parties and fundraisers for a variety of charities and galleries...
and even though she was not raised in the main line in the traditional sense, she fits the mold of what people think of when they hear "main line wasp" (i'm originally from philadelphia, and know many from the area)...
don't get me wrong, i know that she worked hard and had worked at bazaar, lauren, and wang, but her image and her profile before the line launched (and celebrity/stylist endorsement) really pushed things forward...

Tyra Banks in A Model Mogul

video http://www.vanityfair.com/fame/features/video/2007/tyra_video200701
As a supermodel, Tyra Banks bared her booty for everyone from Sports Illustrated to Victoria's Secret. Now she's baring her heart and soul—as well as, on occasion, her booty—as the Oprah of the Internet generation. With her talk show soaring alongside her other hit, America's Next Top Model, Banks deals with the Jekyll-and-Hyde conflict between Daytime Tyra and Nighttime Tyra, and endures the romantic travails of a 33-year-old media magnate. In this exclusive footage from her photo shoot for the February 2007 issue, the workaholic works it for Vanity Fair's fashion and style director, Michael Roberts.

ONTD

LoveMyBoots said:
but the cover's got it right- she never ages

Ohhh, I can't agree... :unsure:

I don't like the cover.

Mirk is that all there is pictures of Tyra?In the video she has a great trench coat on in some shoots?

does anyone have scans of the pics of demi inside?

i dont think that tyra banks post should go in here.

she looks absurd anyway, she thinks that wearing wal mart gloves is gonna make her look regal.

Nope - trying too hard - needs to relax a little and stop doing the 'I'm mean but sexy' pout. As you get older you need to be softer and let's face it, we ain't getting any younger - ANY of us!

Emil said:
Mirk is that all there is pictures of Tyra?In the video she has a great trench coat on in some shoots?
that's all i've got

I bought this for the Tyra pics (yes, I know some think Holly Golightly is played but they did a good job w/her) and was pleasantly surprised with the Tory Burch article. Good read.

Who have the scans of the editorial of Demi pleaseeee.

15yrs after her pregnancy cover... she hadn't changed at all....
... but she's a good actress...

ohh thanks fabulous editorial she are amazing:heart:

i've edited pics scanned by peacelover142002

I adore Demi but neither the cover nor the editorial makes me wanna buy this issue
so boring

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porcelainbackbone
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->