Vanity Fair June 2012 : Marilyn Monroe by Lawrence Schiller

Ugh, the highly anticipated annual dead people issue.

Yuck.

This is the third cover that Marilyn has had in five years. Vanity Fair really needs to give it a rest! It's a bit sickening how they keep on putting her (and other dead celebrities like Jackie and JFK) on the cover. I find it a bit distasteful, they are dead, no need to continue to exploit them. Marilyn was exploited in life but to continue to do so even after death is so tiresome. But whatever, Vanity Fair, isn't known for it's class now days....

saying that Marilyn is overrated is like saying that The beatles are overrated.

Ugh, the highly anticipated annual dead people issue.

Surprisingly, they actually haven't had a dead person on the cover since November 2010 (which was Marilyn, unsurprisingly). It's hard to believe that they went an entire year with living people on the cover. :lol:

Vanity Fair is just another trash rag anymore. It's time to replace Graydon Carter with someone that can bring back the class!

Hrmmm... No good celebrities to use? Let's use a dead one instead!

I've never understood the appeal of Marilyn Monroe however that shot is really beautiful. Her smile is really charismatic and the cover is probably the best cover Vanity Fair has had in a while. That being said Whitney would have been a better choice.

I disagree that Whitney should be on this cover instead of Marilyn, even though she may be overly used as a cover choice I know she would sell out 10 times more than Whitney, who I would only mistake as a cover of a gossip magazine.

I'm not a Whitney hater but I don't think she is Vanity Fair material...even though they consider Lindsay Lohan VF Material...

vanities
star: brooklyn decker
photographer: miguel reveriego
stylist: kate scheyer
make-up: ozzy salvatierra
hair: maranda

vampirehorde @ fashion scans remastered

this has got to be a joke. i will NOT be purchasing this issue. it's pathetic.

i understand that Marilyn Monroe is one of the supreme icons of popular culture, and deservedly so -- there's no debating that from me, whatsoever. she must sell huge amounts of magazines for them or they wouldn't continue putting her on the cover. but COME ON. the woman has been dead for like 50 years. FIFTY. and she's been on the cover how many times in the past few years?! let her rest.

the only logical explanation for not having Whitney as the cover story is that they may have felt like the newsstands were saturated with Whitney tribute magazines and cover-stories. everyone from LIFE to People to Rollingstone had a Whitney issue and many of the big full-on tribute ones are still on the shelves.

but i shall 100% be boycotting this issue. the story on whitney is a COMPLETE and utter disgrace. the people they interviewed are ludicrous. that hip hop woman named Karine Steffans or whatevever (known as "superhead" ...) has an entirely vulgar quote in the magazine with some gossipy crap about Ray J and Bobby Brown. they talked to 'anonymous' sources. it's pathetic. if i wanted a rehashing of the DRAMA that took place in whitney's life -- all i need to do is check out STAR or The Enquirer or one of the other tabloid trashies. this should have been a story about her legacy and about the impact that she's had on our culture and musical landscape. instead, it's just more of the same. i will not be at all surprised if they even use the tired "Houston, we have a problem" line somewhere.

the only person in whitney's circle who hasn't run their mouth to the media is her old friend (and rumoured girlfriend back in the pre-bobby days) Robyn Crawford. she returned the interview request package Vanity Fair sent her with "Please Return; Does Not Want" written on the front. the only one that had Whitney's back always.

Marilyn Monroe and Whitney Houston. One is old news and the other is ancient news, but if the first few paragraphs of the stories get me hooked in the stores, then I am game. I dont look at VF like I would Vogue Italia, per se. Its less about fashion and pictures and more about some good entertaining reading, gossipy or not! :lol:

I like the cover and the photo inside.
But the title: Inside the lost nudes,
looks like she was just a piece of flesh to sell.

She would hate the title.
A Splash of Marilyn looks more beautiful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauttttttt555
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->