Vanity Fair March 2012 : The Hollywood Issue by Mario Testino

some close ups of the cover
vanityfairhollywoodissuf.jpg

vanityfairhollywoodissu.jpg

vanityfairhollywoodissu.jpg

justjared

It looks really catchy, the pastel colors make it look really neat! Well done vanity fair :smile:
And Rooney, well she had to get mushroomed sometime, at least she's not wearing black.
Posted via Mobile Device

Need to admit, I found it funny both Jennifer and Mia are the new Hollywood again. Of course, they both deserve it but still.

So sick of this styling. Yes it's the look of the golden Hollywood era but can we move the f*ck on? So pale and homogenized...

Well, nice to see Mario Testino for the Hollywood Issue but Annie used to do it better. I don't know the biggest part of these girls, I'll have to google them.

Roony just looks out of place. Bring back Annie!!

To me, it looks like a pastel mess thrown together the last minute because no one could think of anything better. I don't think the shot really flatters any of the girls either.

In 2011 they had....NO coloured women on the cover...One Black Male: Anthony Mackie (Fold Out)

In 2010 they had....NO coloured women on the cover...

In 2009 they had....NO coloured women on the cover...

In 2008 they had....ONE coloured woman on the cover...Zoe Salanda (Fold Out)

In 2007 they had....ONE coloured male on the cover...Chris Rock (Cover)

In 2006 they had....NO coloured women on the cover...

In 2005 they had....ONE coloured woman on the cover...Kerry Washington (Fold Out)

In 2004 They had....ONE Hispanic and ONE Asian on the cover...Salma Hayek/Lucy Liu (Fold Out)

I could carry on....but you get the idea....:innocent:
Oh I know about this... I was trying to be sarcastic but I guess it didn't translate well to the internet. Sorry about that. :flower:

And I wish they had swapped that Jennifer Lawrence girl for Amber Heard, or even one of the other girls to give it a little (Dare I Say it) "Diversity" :innocent:

was waiting for that comment...:innocent::ninja:
i don't know what's worse though, doing a few women (a la the tom ford cover) and then people complain or doing a fold-out cover and people complain...:lol:

also, this is been there, done that...
you would think with a new photographer there would be some fresh inspiration...guess not...

I was wondering why is Jennifer Lawrence on the cover again... why not Emma Stone?
or like Kite said, Amber Heard. I would have loved to see those girls :smile:

I was wondering why is Jennifer Lawrence on the cover again... why not Emma Stone?

Because The Hunger Games is coming out soon. I'm not really surprised, because they're really hyping it up.

Emma Stone's probably not there because they're saving her for a Spiderman cover or a bigger cover later on in the year..

I don't get why Mia Wasikowska is there, tbh. Her role in Albert Nobbs isn't even worth mentioning. Elizabeth Olsen or Shailene Woodley should be in her place.

Last edited by a moderator:
^Yeah, I meant that she was in last year´s HW cover. For her to be on the cover this year -even if she´s promoting THG- is repetitive and kinda boring -even if I think she looks great- :smile:
Though I guess by this logic, neither Mia (or Emma) should be on the cover cause they were the "fresh faces" of 2010...

Last edited by a moderator:
or like Kite said, Amber Heard. I would have loved to see those girls :smile:

I really like Amber Heard but, unfortunately, can't see any reason for her being on this cover. The Playboy Club was canceled, The Rum Diary wasn't that big, she has only two projects in the nearest future, and none of them seems big — more like questionable.

^It was just wishful thinking :smile:
after all Paula Patton is on the cover...

i feel nothing : it's borring ! billion dollars in hair, make up and dresses, but no soul, nothing

^It was just wishful thinking :smile:
after all Paula Patton is on the cover...

Yes, I know what you're talking about. :wink:
As to Paula, I don't know why but Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol was rated incredibly highly, maybe that's a point, huh?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redspot
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->