Vanity Fair March 2012 : The Hollywood Issue by Mario Testino

I like the colours and Rooney Mara's hair & lipstick. And that's about it. I never like group covers, especially fold outs, I just don't know why.

I don't know why Lily Collins is included though...she seems like a random choice compared to everyone else.

Last edited by a moderator:
My goodness, it's the same thing every year. They find pretty white actresses, sometimes with the odd minority on the fold-out (pattern much?), and copy an old Irving Penn photo. The "Young Hollywood Issue" is such a joke, and so are half of the actors and actresses they promote.

OK, I think Amber Heard would have fitted right into this scenario, but whatever, I always enjoy the Hollywood editions and this cover is lovely and the choices are pretty much fine by me. All very glamorous in a saccharine kind of way.
Mia looks a little washed out and Paula Patton looks stunning.
The contents are usually pretty good, so looking forward to having this issue in my hands.

Boring, typical , vanilla. So so tired.

At some point Hollywood will have to acknowledge that the demographics of the U.S. in particular is changing. In not too long Whites will not be the majority and the people who are the majority will want to see themselves represented on more than a token basis. Univision (a Spanish channel) regularly beats out major network TV here in the States during prime time but this gets downplayed by the media. They won't be able to keep their heads in the sand too much longer!:innocent:

I was wondering why is Jennifer Lawrence on the cover again... why not Emma Stone?
or like Kite said, Amber Heard. I would have loved to see those girls :smile:

Emma Stone had a solo cover last year... might have been overkill to have her again?

Remember the one with the blonde hair.. red and white striped bikini... I forget the month.

^Oh yeah, I forgot about it. Didn´t like it much...

They have over photoshopped this so much I couldn't identify any of the actors but one, Rooney!!

I bought the issue this evening. It's quite thick (almost 400 pages).

Sorry about the poor quality, these are just snaps from my iPhone

Here's the main editorial (a bit disappointing if you ask me, and the girls on the cover don't have an editorial or new photos inside (there's a retrospective that highlights past "Vanities", and some of the cover girls are featured, but aside from that, the only thing inside relating to the cover is a brief behind-the-scenes look at the shooting of said cover.

9f318dc3.jpg

bbd7733d.jpg

a2b6b46a.jpg

9b9f02b1.jpg

52200f12.jpg

7b7a452c.jpg

d9473052.jpg

d456a02d.jpg

snaps by me, of course

^Thanks :smile:
are all new pics? some of them look familiar...

Here's a few snaps of other features some TFS members might find interesting. The Rodarte, Sophia Loren, and Angelica Huston features are several pages long each. Bardot also has one, but with no new photos, so I didn't bother snapping.

c5b2b2cd.jpg

60384e7f.jpg

0052202c.jpg

4b5d3038.jpg

13c44274.jpg

7faa564e.jpg

snaps by me

Last edited by a moderator:
^Thanks :smile:
are all new pics? some of them look familiar...

I didn't see anything where it said they were reprints. It just says who the photographer is and where it was shot (sometimes very specifically... like, it says Fassbender was shot in the penthouse suite of the Gramercy Park Hotel)

Here's the main editorial (a bit disappointing if you ask me, and the girls on the cover don't have an editorial or new photos inside (there's a retrospective that highlights past "Vanities", and some of the cover girls are featured, but aside from that, the only thing inside relating to the cover is a brief behind-the-scenes look at the shooting of said cover.

What a pity! I was hoping for at least one group shot inside the issue.
Thank you for sharing snaps! :heart:

The cover have editorial??

great to see there's an article on the rodarte girls, can't wait to read that. and how gorgeous looks charlize theron in that black little something of a bodysuit? :woot:
thanks for all the snaps!:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmarisMoonlover
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->