Vanity Fair May 2019 : Nicole Kidman by Collier Schorr

OMG I died laughing when I saw this. This reminds me of Vogue’s September 2008 issue when they tore Keira Knightley’s hair UP! And kind of mixed with Taylor Swift’s Reputation album cover. It doesn’t work here or anywhere else.

The editorial is stunning. And I actually do really like the cover - her face looks super bloated, but that's just Nicole's face nowadays.

Here's Nicole Kidman and her 'different kind of eroticism'

Thanks for the post, @jexxica

Vanity Fair (May 2019)
DjqPiT3.jpg

KaVP7r0.jpg

9lImjFo.jpg

17o3lGf.jpg

czXNObw.jpg

9ax3pHo.jpg

YIFyQ8y.jpg

YEKZpzi.jpg

WzyA8Hc.jpg

yM4RMyu.jpg

starity.hu​

The cover should have been Nicole with a pixie cut, it would have been stunning and it somehow suits her face more. What a missed opportunity.

The editorial is absolutely amazing.
The cover, well I have mixed feelings, but I don't hate it though.

The cringiest part of that WWD article is the suggestion that this kind of shoot is a departure for Kidman... I have multiple magazines in my own collection which feature Nicole in an androgynous way - there's an issue of L'Uomo Vogue that instantly came into my head. Radhika's VF reeks of desperation and they'll ignore any facts in their haste to pat themselves on the back. I do still enjoy VF's political coverage but this is probably the worst of Nicole's many many VF covers over the years.

There's just something about this cover which kept calling me back to the newsstand. I eventually caved today and scored with one of those multi-pack buys, also getting Tatler (Anne Hathaway) in the process for a total of £5.49 in WHSmith.

The cover in person is far warmer than the image online suggests, Nicole looking less pale and frozen. Also echo what I said earlier in the thread that I love how retro the cover feels. First issue of Vanity Fair in AGES and Radhika Jones certainly has overhauled the magazine... hadn't had a glimpse inside until now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
strigi
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->