Vogue China September 2017 : Double Act by Collier Schorr & Patrick Demarchelier

MDNA

Reaction score
Photographer: Collier Schorr
Stylist: Daniela Paudice
Models: Sun Feifei & Anna Ewers

Photographer: Patrick Demarchelier
Stylist: Daniela Paudice
Models: Bella Hadid & Chu Wong

weibo.com/voguechina

Last edited by a moderator:
Love these! Especially the second one. Finally some fall intrigue for September.

They couldn't have done this with just feifei and chu wong, could they? :rolleyes:

They couldn't have done this with just feifei and chu wong, could they? :rolleyes:

Vogue China is known for supporting their talent so I don't know what you're talking about.

Love both covers, especially Collier's.

Happy for Chu landing such a big cover. I also love how both covers are different but still compliment each other well.

Very dead covers. Sorry. It tried to be elegant but ended up very sleep-inducing. Nope.

Chu Wong looks really fierce, and I agree with others, it should be only FeiFei and Chu

Chu Wong looks really fierce, and I agree with others, it should be only FeiFei and Chu

I don't understand these comments. Everyone wants diversity from the big 4 Vogues but other Vogue's are supposed to be mono ethnic?!

These comments are just as ignorant. Plain and simple.

Very dead covers. Sorry. It tried to be elegant but ended up very sleep-inducing. Nope.

Very dull indeed! I think the second one had potential, but the haziness, especially on Bella, ruins it.

Vogue China is known for supporting their talent so I don't know what you're talking about.

Love both covers, especially Collier's.

Odd pairing. That's all.
I think it should have been just Fei Fei and Chu Wong (or just Bella, cuz she looks like a beautiful 40 yo women)

I don't understand why they needed two photographers to shoot the exact same kind of cover, with 2 different duos. Having said that I prefer the second one by Patrick Demarchelier. Bella is gorgeous.

^ Most likely because Demarchelier couldn't fit in his schedule when other two models were available, the man is working more than ever, and schedules can be a nightmare to work out!

These are actually quite decent, in my opinion. I mean in comparison to the covers this year but they do lack that certain energy for September.

It could be nice covers but with different models. As I love Anna I must say she doesn't look good here. Bella is awful as always. Only Fei Fei Sun is shining.

I think its a bit gimmicky to have 1 asian and 1 caucasian girl per cover. And I would much rather preferred to have just seen Fei Fei & Chu Wong together. The caucasian girls already get enough vogue covers and attention.

Number of vogue covers Anna Ewers has had this year - 7 covers
Number of vogue covers Bella Hadid has had this year - 2 (besides vogue covers 12)
Number of vogue covers Fei Fei has had this year - 1 (besides vogue covers 0)
And its Chu Wong's first cover.

Caucasian girls always have the most opportunity. Why not just give the September issue the most important issue of the year to two chinese models. Whats the need to bring to white models to pose along with them, its unnecessary and patronising.

I did a quick edit of how the cover would look like more a less if it was just them both. and honestly I think it would be more major. Fei Fei Sun an established girl together with a rising star Chu Wong (she's just been around since S/S 2016.)

tumblr_oubnpmmZhe1qm5lygo1_1280.jpg

weibo.com/voguechina

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->