Vanity Fair October 2019 : Lupita Nyong’o by Jackie Nickerson

I love this.

Such an ugly shade of green. And in combination with the black, it looks so cheap.

It's not bad, but I agree that the color combination looks cheap. Almost Halloween-like, which might have been the intention now that I think about it.

Surprisingly, this works very well. Usually I'm not a big fan of green especially in such shades but everything looks good (except for that layer that's covering her neck, could've done without it). Overall, a very good day for covers today (except for Vogue Thailand, they can keep that)

Jackie and her plastic backdrops.

For once it actually works, but I'm not sold on the colour of Lupita's dress. Looks more like faded kelp, which I don't think works with the backdrop. Hair looks great though, as does those toned arms.

She's working that color. Beautiful cover.

Beautiful!

I don’t know how well it sold, but the VF September issue was extremely eye catching on newsstands thanks to the liberal use of that deep, assertive pink. I suspect this shade of green will have the same impact. Not a bad move, Radhika.

Jeffrey Epstein's Web of Enablers... in Vanity Fair.

I cannot help but laugh.

Ah, but if the media is to be believed, Graydon Carter SINGLEHANDEDLY enabled Epstein at VF.
It was sickening to see how NY Times tried to stich him up in that interview last month. And I've lost the little respect I've had for them. They can keep their tabloid fodder and beggar-like 'just two dollar a week' push notifications.

Reactions: MON
In defense of Vanity Fair circa 2019, it's been over 16 years since Carter asked Ward to retract references to Epstein accusations. Since Carter was EIC, is there any reason to believe Epstein would have needed any further help at Vanity Fair? And since Ward had no qualms about calling out Epstein, I don't see why she would be keeping mum if others were involved. Besides, even if others were in-the-know, I'm sure the staff at Vanity Fair and even higher up the chain at Condé Nast has seen significant turnover in the past decade and a half so people there with the clout to help Epstein in 2003 may be years removed from the magazine/publisher. Unless others here know something I don't, it seems a shame to imply others at Vanity Fair were complicit and enabling Epstein.

Overall, though, I hope people in the fashion world so explain their Epstein connections. I'm curious to know what Hamish Bowles has to say about being listed in Epstein's little black book.

Now that Graydon's no longer an editor, the knives come out when you've got no clout.

Meanwhile, Wintour is free to interview Wife-of-Weinstein and promote the narrative that she 'knew nothing'. Harmless Harvey, wouldn't ever upset a decent woman like his wife, and we're aware of this thanks to Vogue delivering a feature about it via his various willing mouthpieces.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mou777
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->