Visionaire 64 Multiple covers by John Baldessari

Urban Stylin

ɐʎ ʎǝɥ
Reaction score
Lupita Nyong’o, Gisele Bundchen, Karlie Kloss, Miley Cyrus and Kate Upton by John Baldessari

Snapshot-Lupita-Nyongo-Gisele-Bundchen-Miley-Cyrus-and-Kate-Upton-by-John-Baldessari-for-Visionaire-64.jpg

Snapshot-Lupita-Nyongo-Gisele-Bundchen-Miley-Cyrus-and-Kate-Upton-by-John-Baldessari-for-Visionaire-64-1.jpg

Snapshot-Lupita-Nyongo-Gisele-Bundchen-Miley-Cyrus-and-Kate-Upton-by-John-Baldessari-for-Visionaire-64-2.jpg

Snapshot-Lupita-Nyongo-Gisele-Bundchen-Miley-Cyrus-and-Kate-Upton-by-John-Baldessari-for-Visionaire-64-3.jpg

Snapshot-Lupita-Nyongo-Gisele-Bundchen-Miley-Cyrus-and-Kate-Upton-by-John-Baldessari-for-Visionaire-64-4.jpg

fashionbombdaily

visionaire64.jpg
STYLE
For Visionaire 64 ART, the limited-edition art and fashion publication, 30 celebrity selfies were put into the hands of conceptual artist John Baldessari. “I’ll probably be most remembered for putting dots over people’s faces,” Baldessari remarked. “So it’s funny to do an issue devoted to selfies of famous people.” The portraits—12 of which are featured exclusively on Style.com in the slideshow above—were printed in black and white on high-quality archival paper, then altered with shapes and colors created by Baldessari. “This issue of Visionaire is about giving the power of image to the subject,” coeditor Cecilia Dean told Style.com. “These personalities chose how they wanted to present themselves, and then allowed John Baldessari to play with their vision. It’s a truly collaborative effort.”
The publication is divided into three editions—Red, Blue, and Green—each of which comes with 10 loose portraits in a case that converts into a display, thanks to a built-in foldout stand. Click through our slideshow to see the high-art selfies from James Franco, Miley Cyrus, Gisele Bündchen, Drake, Lupita Nyong’o, and more.

umm.. at least i'm intrigued to see more

This is trying way too hard and James Franco is disgusting. :yuk:

Whenever a fashion magazine/designer decides to do a collaboration with an artist they always pick the same 10 people. What's it with that?

Whenever a fashion magazine/designer decides to do a collaboration with an artist they always pick the same 10 people.

I was about to ask the same thing. Baldessari is one that is on the top 3, along with Richard Prince. At least, when it comes to US magazines. Well they are americans....
But don't worry it is the same within the art world.
he works with various media, and is widely influenced by pop culture (like Richard Prince - see his current exhibition in Gagosian, NYC)... So this makes sense. And well he is famous ...
It is about colors, paintings and photography ... Same old.

I wouldn't say this is beyond boring, though ...
And you have artworks made by Baldessari.

one of those things is not like the other. and i definitely didn't recognize kate upton.
anyway, i want this so bad, and only for my obsession with baldessari. but there's no way im gonna spend all that money + the ridiculous shipping prices.
(maybe it'll materialize at my house like the mcqueen issue did? :innocent: still wondering what happened there)

I will laugh so hard if there are people out there buying James Franco's cover ... he looks terrible

Bad illustrations. The Scarlett's shot is the only thing can save this issue.

Although I love the artistic value here, not sure that any of these covers really work with the exception of Lupita and Scarlett's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jxxn
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->