Vanity Foot Sugery

oops the title should be vanity surgery silly me :wacko:

Cosmopolitan has an article about this too :blink:

Originally posted by trean@Dec 10th, 2003 - 2:13 pm
really wow, what issue? sorry i don't read cosmo i would love to read more this issue as a shoe designer :flower:

Originally posted by Oria+Dec 10th, 2003 - 9:27 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Oria @ Dec 10th, 2003 - 9:27 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-trean@Dec 10th, 2003 - 2:13 pm
really wow, what issue? sorry i don't read cosmo i would love to read more this issue as a shoe designer :flower: [/b][/quote]
The December UK Issue :wink:
cosmo1203pop.jpg

i have already heard about the collagen in the foot for more padding, but never had i imagined that women were shortening their toes for shoes. :( it's almost as if they forget that the risks most definitely involve the loss of the use of their feet. ppl forget how important their body is when they want something that bad. that's horrible and i feel bad for those whose surgery didn't turn out correctly. i am still having a hard time grasping these things. :shock: haven't they every heard of the gel sole inserts or the padding used for slingback and open toe stilettos? either way, it seems as if there was not enough research done and it's all just really sad. :cry:

Wouldnt wearing stillettos after foot surgery cause severe pain or even more damaging effects. I know that I have nearly cried after wearing a pair of Louboutins to a concert. Imagining that with the added pains of surgery could drive me to a life of flip flops. Dior flip flops of course. :wink:

Originally posted by NIKKA@Dec 11th, 2003 - 8:58 pm
I considered surgery too... but now I'm scared...

:(
:shock: please don't NIKKA , don't do it :shock:

Originally posted by NIKKA@Dec 11th, 2003 - 12:58 pm
I considered surgery too... but now I'm scared...

:(
wow well at least now you have some information. i think you were given wonderful advice in the thread about wearing heels. please just be careful. :flower:

You know in the unedited version of cinderella the ugly sisters acctualy hack off portions of thier feet to fit in to the glass slipper :huh: .I read that in an article in the NYT

Originally posted by chanel_girl@Dec 12th, 2003 - 1:59 am
You know in the unedited version of cinderella the ugly sisters acctualy hack off portions of thier feet to fit in to the glass slipper :huh: .I read that in an article in the NYT
yes i know :lol:

but WHY NOT, if thats what makes those women happy :wacko:

i cannot imagine being so vain and preoccupied with my appearance that I would go through painful surgery to make my middle toe a little less long????? i think this shows one of many problems in our society with self image.

Originally posted by lele@Dec 12th, 2003 - 2:15 am
i cannot imagine being so vain and preoccupied with my appearance that I would go through painful surgery to make my middle toe a little less long????? i think this shows one of many problems in our society with self image.
i totally agree with you lele, but this surgery just comes in as any other plastic surgery for me.
the pain you undergo for a nosejob or a lipo is not less i am sure. and the goal, really, is the same: to feel better.

now whether this specific surgery is dangerous or not is a diffreent issue...

remember those people who brake their legs to then have them legthened by a few inches :cry: OUCH

i know that people do these things to feel better and that is what i am trying to say, how sad.... that so many are so preoccupied that they will not feel better until the get these dangerous operations done.....

one more article on topic, click here
extract here:
Do we need Amnesty International to force the designers to walk a mile in their own shoes? And for that matter where is PETA, the People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals, when you need them? Throwing paint at furriers? What about the toe cutters?
:lol:

Originally posted by Lena@Dec 12th, 2003 - 12:31 pm
one more article on topic, click here
extract here:
Do we need Amnesty International to force the designers to walk a mile in their own shoes? And for that matter where is PETA, the People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals, when you need them? Throwing paint at furriers? What about the toe cutters?
:lol:
hehehe, i grew up with that GRIMM story :lol:
(the GRIMM brothers and I were born and raised in the same city in germany!!) and even had to play that in a theatre play. :shock:
maybe thats why i dont find it as shocking as a lot of you. :unsure:

nowadays, you can do anything to your body, cutting off toes has become one of them i guess :cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->