Vera Wang

Amara

Reaction score
Oooh I normally don't pay much attention to Vera Wang...really not sure why that is...but I found some lovely pieces in her autumn collection. I really like the flowing, Roman Goddess look and feel of some of the gowns. What do you think?

Theses are my favorites:

VeraWang1.jpg
100125460.jpg

100125448.jpg
100125457.jpg

~Amara ^_^

They are very beautiful, simpla and elegant...i hate Gemma shes too pretty

I think this is one, i really like it...

Attachments

• vera.jpg
    vera.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 6
I know this isn't the proper spot to ask this, but could someone please tell me how to post pics from the Internet? Thanks.

Originally posted by nycgirl84@May 3rd, 2004 - 5:40 pm
I know this isn't the proper spot to ask this, but could someone please tell me how to post pics from the Internet? Thanks.
Right click on the picture you want to post somewhere else, choose properties from the list that appears, then highlight the address or URL, copy that.

Then to post it on this forum you choose the IMG tag when you are posting in a topic, right click, and choose paste, then 'OK' :wink:

On topic: I loves that purple dress, and others I must find again :P

Originally posted by strawberry daiquiri+May 3rd, 2004 - 11:48 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(strawberry daiquiri @ May 3rd, 2004 - 11:48 am)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-nycgirl84@May 3rd, 2004 - 5:40 pm
Right click on the picture you want to post somewhere else, choose properties from the list that appears, then highlight the address or URL, copy that.

Then to post it on this forum you choose the IMG tag when you are posting in a topic, right click, and choose paste, then 'OK' :wink:

On topic: I loves that purple dress, and others I must find again :P [/b][/quote]
Sorry, one last thing. I tried to copy the property that came up, but I can't right click when that box is up. If there a particular button I need to press. Thanks, and I'm so sorry about posting this in this section! :blush:

I love how a lot of the dresses gracefully taper inwards towards the knee and then slightly flow outwards again...gorgeous.

that one one angelina jolie in march vogue looked great on her. she looked like a goddess!!
05f.jpg

also the one in feb vogue worn by natalie portman was great
100123100.jpg

i love these:
100113419.jpg

100113417.jpg

Originally posted by strawberry daiquiri@May 3rd, 2004 - 11:57 am
Just typical VW dresses from A/W 2004, but I continue to enjoy B) :heart:

100125464.jpg
100125465.jpg

post-19-1076589336.jpg
100125456.jpg
i like these a lot.

i think it was the most well rounded everything's great show

i like the subtle yet vibrant colors

I've very much enjoyed the dresses from Vera Wang F/W 04.

This is kind of old.. but I thought it was an interesting read..

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9756475/site/newsweek/
------------------------------------------------------

Oct. 24, 2005 issue - Vera Wang, Fashion designer
  • <LI class=textBodyBlack>Personal data: Born June 27, 1949, in Manhattan <LI class=textBodyBlack>Education: Sarah Lawrence College <LI class=textBodyBlack>Family: Married in 1989; has two daughters <LI class=textBodyBlack>First job: Salesgirl at Yves Saint Laurent, 1970s <LI class=textBodyBlack>Career highlights: Senior fashion editor, Vogue; design director, Ralph Lauren, 1987; started bridalwear company, 1990
  • On her free time: Watching television, shopping with her daughters
I knew the world I wanted to be in, but I wasn't sure I could break into that world. My mother was an incredible clotheshorse, so I grew up loving fashion. I lived in Paris during my junior and senior years at Sarah Lawrence. When you're in Paris, you can't help but notice fashion. I wanted something to do with fashion. I would have done anything. I would have swept floors. I would have licked envelopes. I just wanted to be part of it.

In the summers, I worked for Yves Saint Laurent—as a salesgirl in the boutique on Madison Avenue. I met Frances Patiky Stein, an editor at Vogue. She told me to give her a call when I got out of college. I did and I got a job. She felt I had a special something. On my first day at Vogue, I wore Saint Laurent and my nails were painted black or red, which was very much the rage in Paris at the time for young women. The editors looked at me and said, "Go home and get changed because you're going to be doing dirt work." I came back wearing jeans. It was a dream come true.

Vogue is a seductive place because of what you get to see and what you're privy to; it's a world that I can't even explain. I thought I would do it for a year or two and I ended up staying 16 years. During that time, I rose to be one of the youngest editors ever in the history of Vogue. By 23, I was a senior editor, and then I became European editor for American Vogue in Paris.
I think I always had an eye and Vogue made that eye even sharper. An eye is a new way of viewing something old. Everything's been done in fashion. It's how you bring newness to the concept. I mean, a white shirt is a white shirt, but how do you wear it? Those are the things that editors are always searching for, particularly in a picture because you only have so long to capture the magic of fashion.

When I was almost 40, I got married and started my own business. I started with bridal because I'd had so much trouble finding my own wedding dress. You have to have a platform to begin with and then build upon the platform. You have to have something that pays the rent and that can grow at your own pace. I had bridal.

When I started, I was scared. I had worked as a design director for Ralph Lauren and I saw how hard it was to get product made, shipped on time and sold. I knew the chances for success were very slim because it's more than about talent. It's also about timing. It's about reaching your customer. It's about having allure for the press. I remember signing a lease for the store thinking, this is my death warrant, because how am I going to pay this rent? It did not take off right away. I built up my business client by client.

Now I feel like I'm always on the job. Sometimes, my daughters have dinner here with me in the office. They leave for school at a quarter of 7 and I'm usually sleeping, because when I get home at night, I work. I design in bed, from about 11 to 2. That's when I have creative time to myself. In the day, I'm juggling clients. My husband's a great, great partner—as a husband and a father. He's also a workaholic. If I didn't have somebody who was really into his own profession, there's no way he'd put up with a wife like me. I don't drink caffeine but I like to have a cocktail at night. I love apple martinis.

Women do lead differently from men. I try to share a tremendous amount with my staffers. I feel everything: the tribulations of business, the responsibility to people who depend on me to feed their families. Those things are always in my decision-making processes. Art and commerce are often conflicting concepts. You have to make compromises because the most cutting-edge things are not necessarily what sells. You have to find a balance; it's a very difficult thing to do.

She's such a fabulous designer... nobody makes "prettier" dresses, in my opinion!

^yep, she's the queen of dresses....and have you seen her shoes? simply gorgeous!!

I luv Vera Wang she is one of the most underapreciated designer in America shadowed by crap like Marc Jacobs and Tom Ford.

Does anyone have bigger pics of these Vera Wang dresses?
credit brides.com
ooh.jpg
25.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dm4048a
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->