Versace F/W 2024.25 Milan

poor cameramen. so lost with all the runway tricks…

and just like the filming crew Donatella is certainly lost in the creative direction of this house. it’s a bad mix of celine, diesel and ancora but looking fast-fashion.

the leather pieces were fine. Angelina and Mona had beautiful dresses and it’s great to see Yasmin and Mica at Versace again!

Was Lagerfeld on her moodboard? Hair is a mess!

Versace hasn’t brought anything new to the table for quite a long time and this collection is no exception. The color palette is nice, though.

Casting wasn’t strong either.

I'm sat watching the live stream and cannot help but notice some subtle hints of Virginie Viard's Chanel splashed throughout. Not that I'm complaining because I am fawning over the vast majority of looks here, and can appreciate how it's a VAST departure from last season...

I liked several pieces, but this camera set was sh*t! The casting is super boring and the last look without any impact lost in the crowd.

The runway set up definitely took away from the clothes (which weren’t great to begin with). Can’t we have a normal runway to look at these damn clothes? 😅

I wonder how long we will will have to endure this tired version of Versace before it dawns on Donatella that it's stime to step back.
I mean, I love her lots but her vision for the brand has been so narrow and repetitive for such a long time...Always the same references to the same collections, spanning from '92 to '96, as if Gianni had only worked for 4 years...There is a massive archive with a lot of potential, just waiting for someone who can revive it with a fresh eye.

Where is the Appiolaza for this brand?

The final 6-8 dress are beautiful, but the rest of it is so dreary, so bland, so UNSEXY. Tragic what Versace has become.

The same criticism can be applied to this show as I've thought for the past few years: Overall it just doesn't feel like Versace, there are some pieces that remind me that occasionally the Versace woman is still in there, but generally it feels too removed from the idea of what Versace should be. I get that brands need to evolve, but c'mon where's the glamour. Even in the past when Donatella did punk/rock there was still glamour.

And the casting is just so damn blah. This time Irina and EmRata weren't even present, with only Imaan really being able to carry that bombshell torch. The model in look#17 has no business stepping on a Versace runway. Where has the sex gone in all of Milan fashion? I think only D&G will be able to imbue the runway with any sensuality.

most of the last 20 looks are really stunning imo

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zendayacomz
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->