Versace F/W 2015.16 Milan

I'd say there's a solid 70% of this that I really like. Like others have pointed out it feels very earlty 90s Versace, which is hardly a bad thing in my book, and the clothes -- once pulled apart -- are actually very subdued. The look is what's loud.

And I think it was very brilliant of Donatella to pretty much nix all of the gowns and focus on super sparkly mini dresses and pant outfits for formalwear. It's much more fun and very unexpected, as opposed to the usual barrage of floor length dresses that usually close the shows.

damn the 70s and 90s vibes are STRONG this season, as well as chokers. everywhere. chokers chokers chokers. hmmmm....

decent collection. it got really tacky at the end though, which I expected. but the collection as a whole wasn't nearly as tacky as usual.

Not cheap, very Versace i LOVED (Boots), sexy not so vulgar. Yeeeah:lol:

Much better than D&G - Final collection

Last edited by a moderator:
The 90s are back in photography why not in collections? I rather see this than 70s inspired clothes... and maybe it´s because I was aware of Versace in the 90s and lived it that this feels nostalgic but not dated.
The more I look at it the more I fell in love with this collection :smile:

Here´s a link to a nice retrospective. By the late 80s to mid 90s you can spot a lot of things from this collection: the belts, the words, the prints, the bold colors, the cuts...

http://www.buzzfeed.com/alexrees/33...ospective-in-supermodels-and-mansc#.syj88VZrN

I could've done without the "#@Versace" prints, but otherwise this is a strong outing! Man, I can't remember the last time a Versace collection has felt so... Versace. The color palette is amazing, the clothes look sexy without being over the top... I'm a fan.

I may not crazy for it but this is definitely Versace!! all rich and glam elements are all there.

Love basically everything It is playful fun And yes to the Versace print since Versace do somewhat need the buzz to stand out

The first pieces were a bit blah ... but as the collection progresses WHOA!

I really hope this fly off the shelves/rack .... it embraces the spirit of the brand and translates it to an more immediate future.

Some of pieces are really EXTREMELLY strong. Which in a way makes sense with the opening and "filler" pieces.

The accesories seems quite modern and I kinda want the VERSACE logo sweater to wear right now. :P

Donatella Versace has been waiting for this moment her whole life. She's always been a go-fast girl. Now matters most. She doesn't pretend to be fluent in digitalism—that's what "people" are for, after all—but with her new collection, she managed an effective integration of Versace's past with the digital present, and a possible future in which, according to news reports, there might be an IPO for the company. You need to present a picture of glowing health in such circumstances, and the catwalk tonight certainly offered that. It was brimming with product: shoes and stockings and bags and sporty bits and pieces that spelled out V-E-R-S-A-C-E in crystal to the world.

It's essential to remember that Versace created this fashion alphabet in the first place. When Gianni made his beaded James Deans and Marilyn Monroes at the beginning of the '90s, he was trading in what were still some of the most potent icons of that time. Donatella did the same thing tonight, but she was using digital symbolism: hashtags, @ signs, emojis, emoticons…. Ghastly though the prospect may seem, there is an unholy multitude of people for whom an @ communicates something more intrinsically meaningful that a Dennis Stock photograph of James Dean moseying through Times Square in the '50s. It is to Donatella's credit that she can surf that new wave (with the assistance of "people," of course).

She did it tonight with searing jolts of primary color in coats and capes. The cutouts from Couture were carried over with spectacular subtlety in the random sheer slices on one leg of an otherwise sober black suit, but elsewhere cutout black coatdresses were played against a red or green thigh-boot in patent leather. The Versace Greek key, a classic graphic detail for the house, was transmogrified into #[Greek] all over pert little ribbed bombers, tucked as a metal plaque inside bags, quilted into suede jackets and coats.

We may have reached a point where it is virtually impossible to conceive of Versace beyond the world that Gianni made and Donatella nurtured, but there was a flash of a crystal @ on a perfectly toned rear end tonight that hinted at a future where there is still some joy and humor to be found in fashion. Long may she reign.
- Tim Blanks
style

i love almost all the pieces except the beaded ones

Some pieces are good, but the collection as a whole is rather weak (fashion-wise, pop culture-wise, celebs would be wearing those loud VERSACE pieces for days!!) In my opinion, her strongest offerings were 2006 - 2010, wherein the clothes highlighted the woman and not the brand! Pls bring that back Donatella!! It's beautiful to see you honoring Gianni, but this is YOUR house now!!!

Those beading pieces are very Gianni.

love the colors ! even the bold full red and yellow looks. very graphic very versace

6de19f2145846818b4d40cba5bcd79b7ff76830b.jpg
ef201ca3ec7e57ff2e86d3d88ef7294169d082f9.jpg

versace.com

Absolutely Strong, sexy and powerful Collection.
I was live at the Show and the energy of it was just amazing. The collection looked so rich and perfect to the bodies.
The jeweled pieces were by far the best but also the rest of the collection was gorgeous.

After reading the first few comments I thought this collection was gonna be horrid, but actually it's not that at all. It's sexy and playful and very versace. I'm not a fan of the #@Versace prints, but those dresses that have them are still nice. I still do miss versace circa 2007-2008, those were some superb collections

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyemeritus
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->