Versace Pre-Fall 2021 by Alasdair McLellan

Cute

Reaction score
Styling: Jacob K
Hair: Cyndia Harvey
Makeup: Aurore Gibrien
Models: Fernando Lindez, Simone Bricchi, Raphael Balzer, Sora Choi, Rianne Van Rompaey, Vittoria Ceretti
Casting: Piergiorgio Del Moro

versace, models

F/W 2021 as a collection was so strong that this falls a little flat!

the styling on the male models is terrible!
those hair clips on Rianne’s hair (I saw a picture where Vittoria has them too) are absolutely ridiculous… who styled this?

they’re obviously going for a younger clientele… the only saving thing is Vittoria’s outfit, it does look interesting.

Donatella better step up her game with that main campaign.

also, Alasdair shot this? :ninja:

To me this is more Tommy Hilfiger or something equally low-brow/unimaginative, very rich high-school kids taking pictures in someone's private garden...at least Vittoria looks cute.

This feels very Bruce Weber for Versace to me, and not the good 90s Bruce Weber but the 2016 Weber. I can't relate McLellan to Versace and I really hope this direction doesn't stick. Always a delight seeing Vittoria and Rianne though, I'll give them that.

What is this??? Michael Kors.

Well he did buy the brand after all, didn't he? It's giving me more of a Coach vibe.

What is this??? Michael Kors.

Donatella darling, I need you to pick up the phone and call Steven Meisel and Irina Shayk ASAP.
Irina is busy looking after Kanye.

The Versace sale is the worst thing to happen to the brand since the death of Gianni. All the years of fighting and they just let it all go. And for what? For the legacy of the house to be completely tarnished in exchange for a quick buck? As far as this campaign goes, It's fake and artificial, just like the customer they are trying to sell it to. Italian Fashion has become a pathetic joke. They left the Women behind that they used to dress and now only cater to overgrown children. I hope all of this ends up backfiring. Enough is enough.

A truly underwhelming Versace advertising campaign, especially following the fierce simplicity of Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott's mainline campaign for S/S 2021. Not that I mind McLellan's aesthetic, but this fails to scream Versace and the humongous tree distracts from the clothes.

^^^ LOL

Strong cast, solid photographer, decent stylist... And yet, everything looks so outlet-billboard. And that pathetic outlet bag— king of cheapness. (They likely had to dumb it all down so severely otherwise the outlet shoppers wouldn’t get it. And to be on par with the Kors brand.)

This is beautifully shot. However, yes, I agree with most of you. It feels VERY commercial for such an expensive brand. It doesn't 'take' you anywhere.

You all act like it’s all Kors’s fault...
I’m sorry but it’s all Donatella’s. She turned her brand that way...
When she saw the overwhelming response for the tribute collection, she started milking the trend to an endless route and then, she became more and more commercial. She’s experiencing commercial success and she is feeding the millenials she loves so much.

Yes, the pressure of being bought by Kors makes them make questionable decisions but tbh, Kors is not at fault here....

I still have yet to see a desirable bag from Versace since they have started to push into this direction (I understand why; that’s where the money is after all).

I truly wonder whether they’re selling or not because they keep on getting uglier and cheaper looking by the minute imo (they always look as if they’re made out of plastic).

This feels very Bruce Weber for Versace to me, and not the good 90s Bruce Weber but the 2016 Weber. I can't relate McLellan to Versace and I really hope this direction doesn't stick. Always a delight seeing Vittoria and Rianne though, I'll give them that.
My thoughts exactly!

I like the tree as a setting but the photography is so weak, it belongs to a cheap department store line.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->