Versace S/S 2012 Milan

after her awesome resort collection donatella actually had me excited to see if she was going to keep it up. well, she didn't. its like the little mermaid night at a strip club.

It also reminds me of Holly Furton SS11 collection... :ninja:

What a bummer. This does nothing for me. It's tacky, but it's not so tacky that it crosses into fabulously tacky territory (like Versace used to be). What it lacks in fabulousness it more than makes up for in cheesiness courtesy of the apparently lethal combination of pastels, studs and juvenile under-the-sea motifs. On top of that it's repetitive, but without making an impact like last spring made. Overall I think this just suffers from being really dull and really predictable. It's like a bare bones Versace presentation, stripped bare of all life, passion and fun.

And that final gown is an abomination. What a waste of crystals.

I totally loved almost all the dresses. The clothes, the syling, the set, music, this is Versace to me (except the cast but that on a side note). I would totally buy the dresses and wear it in a sec.

So many of these great Versace pieces would be so much better without the studs, for me. The studs add a layer of tackiness. Maybe studs is super cool in Italy and I'm totally out of the loop. I'll just never like that.

The shoes are horrible. I hate hooker type shoes.
Very hit and miss especially the last dress with the starfish.

i swear, H&M gifted her a Bedazzler and now she's going to town with it

those hooker/lucite heels will SELL SELL SELL in Russia, you just watch and see!

The Good

- Nice stage (I loved the Versace Medusa on the glass)
- Stayed true to Versace
- Very wearable pieces, specially for the spring/summer (watch we're going to see these in many red carpets as well as little parties and so on)
- The hair and make up were fantastic as we're the accessories, the look of what we all hope the Versace woman to be is back! (but not with a downside)
- I loved the high waisted skirts and the tube tops, specially the look in all black, the right woman wearing that will be heaven!)

Can improve

-The cast
-The repetitiveness
- Better gowns, Donatella can make a killer red carpet gowns, and while they're flattering they just look like they just studed the hell of old archive gowns that they had in hand. (Then again, she's saving the better gown-making for Atelier Versace, but still)

I love that what Versace stands for is back,it's extremely sexy, the studs add in a bit of "danger" to the pieces, (then again they are softened up by the pastel colors :ermm:) which is good compared to the last season.

In a way the line if very complimentary to the H&M line so it could be done like that on purpose. It's very cookie cutter so it lends itself to an easy trickle down effect. Someone said it earlier, that this line will be very much like last seasons Dolce & Gabbana collection, but here Donatella will be selling to the people below their normal core costumer and pushing the Versace name even more. She basically just trademarked studs! :lol:

Pastels for Versace in the spring are really nothing new. Although a few numbers were tacky to me, I liked the seahorses. I liked the prints as well, they weren't too heavy. I agree with CommanderTMugler, the model cast was terrible. Where's Natasha, Freja!?

I just found these on my tumblr dashboard:

Attachments

• tumblr_lscuzgNpQg1qgdk1uo1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_lscuzgNpQg1qgdk1uo1_1280.jpg
    196.9 KB · Views: 3
  • tumblr_lscuzgNpQg1qgdk1uo2_1280.jpg
    tumblr_lscuzgNpQg1qgdk1uo2_1280.jpg
    206.6 KB · Views: 3
while i cannot sit here and say i enjoy every piece of this collection, tim blanks' interview really summed it up best when he hit on the fact that this collection presented a fearless vision for women and one unabashedly versace. and i can't help but think that the chanel show somehow validated donatella's intuitions about the season and somehow changed the frame of the season from sweetness for sweetness' sake to something more focused and fantastical. while some say they see retail gold in the accessories, i see retail gold in the actual clothes. in this world crawling on hands and knees out of economic morass, i suggest that collections that once again shout their origins and although some of this may come off ''cheesy" if styled improperly, no one will be able to mistake where each and every piece of this collection came from. i'm particularly eager to see a stylist mash this stuff up again some predictable chanel and something totally unexpected from the other aquatic collections from armani, givenchy, and mcqueen.

Press day: TCS S/S 2012

Photos of the S/S 12 collection in a press release

from DANSKmagazine.com

I think this is Donatella's Super Best Collection for Versace. I think she was also very smart to do a capsule collection for H&M. This is definetely a Versace moment and more and more younger people are following the brands directions. Versace was the best show in Milan.

In all honesty this collection just feels like a major step backwards. The lack of inspiration couldn't be any more apparent, although it's thoughtfully well hidden under layers of studs and embellishment overkill. The last 2 collections felt more modern and forward thinking than this generic mess. Donatella needs to make her own individual statement rather than attempting to reincarnate her brothers outdated vision.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ross640
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->