Versace Mens F/W 12.13 Milan

I don't know what the hell is going on with me, but I f*cking love ~80/85% of this collection.

oh my God, camouflage prints? really Donatella? the prints are uber tacky! ugh

I feel as though Donatella is trying to recapture the vision of Gianni with her recent collections. She's bringing back the bold color, prints and the flamboyant attitude, except she's not reinterpreting it for 2012. She's bring them back from the 80's, literally.

That's exactly what I said to myself when I saw this collection.

i love it. i love it. i love it. i love it because it's unapologetic, it's challenging, it's VERSACE, and in the absence of houses like john galliano, we really don't have a home for this brand of outlandish unashamed, unafraid FASHION. yes, the styling takes it over the top and yes, she's still blackout drunk on the h+m koolaid, but these pieces exist for the TRUE versace customer. a great fashion piece remains one that's so potent and so transformative that pairing it with anything evokes the spirit of the house. the most successful menswear houses know this. i'm glad donatella has found her confidence these past two seasons. and even if i would never wear any of these looks full on -- i'd have to tame any of these pieces with the most tailored-to-the-hilt basics -- i'm happy that we still live in a world where this sort of creativity exists for men.

00540m.jpg

style.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Ohhhhhhhh, mikeijames the way you explain it makes me all tingly inside!!! Did no one notice that little snippet of music taken from the Chanel SS'12 runway!

i love it. i love it. i love it. i love it because it's unapologetic, it's challenging, it's VERSACE, and in the absence of houses like john galliano, we really don't have a home for this brand of outlandish unashamed, unafraid FASHION. yes, the styling takes it over the top and yes, she's still blackout drunk on the h+m koolaid, but these pieces exist for the TRUE versace customer. a great fashion piece remains one that's so potent and so transformative that pairing it with anything evokes the spirit of the house. the most successful menswear houses know this. i'm glad donatella has found her confidence these past two seasons. and even if i would never wear any of these looks full on -- i'd have to tame any of these pieces with the most tailored-to-the-hilt basics -- i'm happy that we still live in a world where this sort of creativity exists for men.

Totally agree.

The time feels right for this--for someone to be audacious and make clothes that shout and laugh, that are totally unapologetic as you said. It's the humor that I love, these clothes are clearly for someone who does not take themselves, their wealth, or their taste too seriously. And that feeling is so refreshing.

These are NOT the same clothes that Gianni made 20 years ago. They have a new context. Those clothes in their time were an unrestrained display of wealth, they were utterly conspicuous, and in their era they communicated an opulent celebration of life and passion, so very Italian. What Donatella has done here is something different if only because the time is different. There are plenty of other brands to wear if you merely want to wear your money. There are other brands to wear to be sexy, there are brands to wear to show you are cool, and that will be their only function. We are post-minimalism. This is not a regression. The meanings have shifted. To wear Versace, at least this newest iteration of it, is to show that you are totally confident in yourself, that you aspire to nothing but your own delights, that you have nothing to prove. And perhaps that is the truest spirit of the house and I think it's really an amazing thing that Donatella has brought it back in such a wonderful way.

I felt a Gucci vibe at the end... this collection looks pretty good but I don't like very much the totes.

I'm ashamed to say that I like this though I wouldn't exactly want to see it on the streets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alliexcx
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->