Versace S/S 2019 Milan

nowfashion.com

Last edited:
Shalom Harlow AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

The collection is a tacky mess but I honestly don't give a damn because of Shalom lol. I was really hoping that Donatella would have her back one day, glad she did!

Cringeworthy is the best word to describe this collection. It was like a vomit of prints that went just too wild yet there was no energy. I get that they wanted to do some clashing of patterns, but it doesn't work at all.

To me it's the worst collection of this season. Nothing worked and there was nothing that would be appealing in any way. What's more, all the looks with some kind of potential, I mean the gowns with lace panels for example, were killed.

It makes me wonder what's going on behind the scenes because all those collections don't make any sense now.

This is really bad.
It’s looks like she revisited the archives of the worst Versace era (early 2000s) and tried to make it look trendy for the instagram crowd.

Early 2000s Versace was tacky but very fun and vivacious, so I don't think it was bad at all, if your mindset is that clothes like early 2000s Versace or Cavalli fw 2003 for example would be worn in a futuristic messy dystopia you actually really enjoy the collections.

This, on the other hand, is just lame ugliness.

I’m confused....
I think the collection could be name « Schizophrenia ».

I really like the first 9 looks+ the look on Vittoria. Somehow they reminded me of Versus during the mid 90´s. It looks fresh, maybe a bit Prada-ish but it’s actually better than Prada.

Then, it’s Versace S/S1993 mixed with classic draped Donatella numbers...
I think her reinterpretation is a little bit too literal for my taste and the clothes + the styling are a bit overwhelming for the models.

If she had worked those prints with a more streamed line silhouette or tailoring, it would have been perfect.

But I like the opening looks so much that I want to wear it now...

There’s something weird about Versace. It has been around since 1978 and if we count Gianni’s work prior to that, we can imagine the amount of archives. But somehow, for people, Versace is the 90’s. In the 90’s, he did a lot of things but people always remember the same things. It’s great for Donatella to go find some unknown connections..

The return of Shalom, the queen of Couture! She was amazing in the couture shows and even more at Versace. I think this is the first time since the Chanel « redcarpet » collection that she returned to the runway.
She was awfully nervous and the impact wasn’t as big as i would have wanted for her...
It’s a pity but it was good to see her. Hopefully, she’ll be in the campaign.

The beginning was decent although it didn't last after Natasha Poly's look and this overload of awful prints.
I mean, who is going to wear this? Even Desigual does it better :

vogue

^^
Gianni did that in 1993, bell bottom pants and all.
It's wearable, without the extra styling and by the right person.
If someone is capable of wearing those weird Prada décolleté, then someone is capable of wearing this.

Cheap is the word here. This looks like Donatella made a clearance of all the little fabric scraps she had on her storage.

You can tell she tried to mixed S/S 1993 with a "Vetêments" (those ugly patchwork dresses Demna sent some seasons ago) vibe to try to get some attention.

But the result looks cheaper than the "Versace for H&M" collection. Which is dramatic, considering the prices of luxury ready to wear.

The only thing great about this show is SHALOM HARLOW! But I don´t like how Donatella dressed her...

I never thought I would say this but I hated this Versace collection.

She needs to get rid of Jacob K honestly. He's a great stylist while working editorials and Chris Kane, but I can clearly see his hand in this and other awful recent collections. In fact a lot of it looks wannabe Kane, and heavy styling just doesn't work for Versace.

Another confusing collection. Donatella what is going on??

I wanna like it, but ATM for me is a big NO. I know that she is trying, its visible, so I can appreciate it. I enjoyed the sexy moments tho, however this not the Versace that we need now.

Its a pity because I fell like these days she only delivers when she do a TBT to 90's, any personal vision of hers is a complete disaster.

Hate the Prada/Balenciaga fancy in the first set, it's really rather cringeworthy that Versace of all brands are brazenly following at this point!
BUT, every look from Kendall onwards had me intrigued. It's flowy, feminine and effortless. The girls looked great in them and I'm confident that women in the real world will too. Liked the spaghetti strapped dresses especially.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zendayacomz
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->