Versace S/S 2023 : Emily Ratajkowski by Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott

That looks terrible. They could've used the same concept as menswear. Nothing works here, from casting to styling and photography.

Of course Donatella means 'the plastic surgery look out of this world in this campaign'.

I thought the Instagirl craze was over when we started seeing the li real models such as Adut, Vittoria etc rising but it seems they're back with even more mediocrity. I don't mind them and even tolerate Kendall but why bring in the lower-tier girls like Emily. She's not on their level, not on anyone's level. She doesn't have the range. Imagine getting a Versace campaign and bringing absolutely nothing to the table.

The main image is terrible!

Last edited:
More from the campaign:

Love the concept. But the execution is so horrible!

First ad is “Party City” Halloween costume levels of cheap

M&M's comeback was so welcome in JLO's campaign and now they've dropped the bar too fast... In addition to the result being terrible, this type of clothing with the veil, does not suit Emily, a model with a younger style and lolita is needed, the rest is simply dreadful!

I can't even say bring Meisel back, because he would go on autopilot and not bring anything new... Any suggestions?

Was Kendall not available. Sorry, but that’s what I think every time I see emrata (). Wonder if this will be OG. Surprised Paris didn’t pop up, or yet anyways.

If this is the season of seeing her everywhere, I'm going to Rip Van Winkle myself until autumn. Or whenever the next set of campaigns is due to come out.

And there we all were hoping for an appearance from the likes of Versace greats Amber Valletta and Georgina Grenvile!

I don't dislike Emily Ratajkowski, do think she's wearing this collection well throughout these first few campaign images but this could've been SO much better. I am very rarely an admirer of when Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott leave the studio...

The last shot from her post isnt too bad, if only she didnt photograph too short. Its giving more DG than versace.

she can’t photograph well and it’s a shame.
the collection was average at best but a good campaign can often be a life saving boat. not this time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maliburum
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->