Viktor & Rolf F/W 10.11 Paris

good lord! some nice stuff in there... interesting presentation.

i agree, the presentation is cool; i love the background. can't wait to see the rest of the clothes!

I don't know what to say...I don't understand all of the negative comments. Viktor and Rolf are good designers, you are just not seeing the fact that they don't design very wearable clothes. Saying that the coat is big...I mean, it's supposed to be big! And when somebody compared the genius that is Viktor and Rolf to Dsquared it's just silly! Vikor and Rolf do not create trashy clothes. All that said, I'm not sure what to think about this collection. It's not bad, but I want to see the rest to really find out what I think. -_-

i love the concept of this show! :smile: collection wasn't bad too. outrageous pieces reminiscent of some designer or some past work, nothing really groundbreaking but still good. impeccably styled too. :D

In these tough economic times, our beloved crisis and all, I think it's remarkable that Viktor & Rolf continue down the road they have taken from the beginning on, a highly artistic, ever-changing direction that makes it impossible (at least for me who's been following their career for a very long time now) to really understand who a Viktor & Rolf customer is. I don't think they have this definite image which makes it hard to feel loyal to them.
Weirdly enough I do.
Whatever, let me see the clothes.

hahaha...dressing models on the runway, another simple twist for great presentation impact. i bet i'll see this happening at Marc Jacobs next collection!

I am in love with them...they stick to their roots as always
and you akways feel their direction towards fashion each season

Not liking this. And the styling makes me feel like we're back in Milan!

Yes the Russian Doll collection was a very similar concept. I feel that Viktor and Rolf have made absolutely stunning clothes in the past. But this is not great and they have recycled one of their own ideas. I know that their work is gimmicky to the point where the clothes take the background but if you look back at the blackhole collection or the silver collection their clothes are interesting and stand alone. I hope they can get back on track and become one of my favorite designers again.

^i really doubt it,sophia. i've had that hope myself for so long but it just isn't happening.

as far as presentation,yes,it is another form of a gimmick from them. i mean if you really look at those clothes,does the 'conceptual' dressing really justify it all? it's like baby phat suddenly deciding to do a radical installation. and as far the clothes,honestly,they look cheap and trashy....even compared with their more recent outings.

The concept of the whole show is really interesting,even if I don't know how it worked...but this a bit too commercial for V&R,they used to do much crazier things!
Last coat is so Gaga :lol: I bet she will use it in one of her new videos!

This is definitely an interesting show, I think a video will be much better than seeing the photos for it!

It's like the Viktor & Rolf self-references-guessing-game. I see Black Hole, Russian Doll, Tilda's One Woman Show, Upside Down, Atomic Bomb...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->