Viktor & Rolf's Couture Comeback

Flashbang

Mr. Magic
Reaction score
PRQgonJ.jpg
The Chambre Syndicale de la Couture, the governing body that decides who can technically call themselves a couture house, voted on Friday to make Viktor & Rolf a correspondent member, reports WWD. (To be an official member, the design house must be based in Paris; since Viktor & Rolf are based in Amsterdam, this is the highest official title for which they can be considered.)

Designers Viktor Horsting and Rolf Snoeren put out five couture collections from 1998 to 2000, including the “Russian Doll” collection where model Maggie Rizer stood on a rotating platform while the designers dressed her in a total of 10 different garments. The brand focused in on ready-to-wear starting in 2000.

There’s no word yet on when or if Viktor & Rolf plan to stage a show but we’re crossing our fingers. These guys certainly have a knack for theatrics.
fashionista.com

let's hope it actually lives up to their former days of HC.....hell,i'd even accept it if it lived up to what they did in their former incarnate in PAP....at least it was dynamic.

While for me it's always great to see a new addition on Couture, we have to agree that it's been YEARS since we saw a really amazing collection from them. Let's hope for the best.

Wow, one more reason to be excited for haute couture - a much needed one since Givenchy decided to "take a break." I'm sure their shows will be breathtaking.

I had to re-read it carefully to figure the correspondent member part. So...what exactly does that make them? They're not full fledged HC members because they're not Paris-based, which is one of the requirements?

it's an interesting question since correspondent would refer to basically guest designers who are based and have atelier's located outside france yet iris van herpen is not based in france at all yet she is deemed an official "guest" member. maybe it has something to do with the extent in which they are wanting to pursue the collection that seperates them from that title or that they simply have a history with the chambre syndicale? who knows really....the whole system confuses me.

I just remember when the American Ralph Rucci did HC I don't recall the press making such a distinction, even though I'm sure he was probably the same correspondent class of membership.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellison1
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->