Vionnet Resort 2010

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by classicalbang, Jun 30, 2009.

1. DA070709

DA070709 New Member

Kokosalaki vs. Audibet vs. Studio vs. Paglialunga

Which reinterpretation do you prefer?

1. Vionnet by Sophia Kokosalaki (Spring 2007) / REVIVAL CHAPTER 1 Designer 1
    2. Vionnet by Sophia Kokosalaki (Fall 2007) / REVIVAL CHAPTER 1 Designer 1
    3. Vionnet by Marc Audibet (Spring 2008) / REVIVAL CHAPTER 1 - Designer 2
    4. Vionnet by team studio (Fall 2008) / REVIVAL CHAPTER 1 - Designer 3
    5. Vionnet by Paglialunga (Pre-Spring 2010) / REVIVAL CHAPTER 2 - Designer 1

Attached Files:

2. ettebe

ettebe New Member

I have to say another thing. Mme Vionnet for sure turning in her grave right now :(

3. DA070709

DA070709 New Member

Vionnet alive

As would say Lagerfeld, when the same was said about Chanel: "At least, it means, she is alive..."

4. Scott

Scott Stitch:the Hand

i'll take kokosalaki's vision of vionnet over any of them to be honest. at least she managed to show something new while maintaining the spirit. those two dresses of her's,imo,are quintessentially the style of vionnet. modern,elegant with a twist...and refined. those audibet dresses look like trashy high-school prom dresses....and this new stuff i find rather lazy.

5. Zazie

Zazie Active Member

I find this collection "off" but strangely fascinating, the technique here is interesting and second little black dress is not too shabby. It can be edited certainly. I would like to see more before making up my mind, but as it's a first effort and an inexperienced designer, I'm keeping an open mind.

6. mikeijames

mikeijames no tom ford, no thanks.

easily kokosalaki. but, alas, she's at diesel.

7. happyguy

happyguy New Member

i think this collection has got potential. the next major collection however, should have more direction and oopmh!!! still, the black dress looks great!!! and yeah,. some of it is messy and overworked.

8. wheneveriwakeup

wheneveriwakeup a hymn to darkness

Kokosalaki, of course... she is so talented & underrated...

9. Crying Diamonds

Crying Diamonds Geometric Discharge

^ Agree on both.

10. Spike413

Spike413 barcode

cheruit, you'll need to provide the source for those images or they will need to be removed as per tFS Policy. Thank you.

11. DA070709

DA070709 New Member

Picture credits

All pictures originally downloaded from vionnet.com / House of Vionnet credits

12. MON

MON Well-Known Member

I love some pieces

13. rangerrick14

rangerrick14 New Member

I honestly just want these big corporate entities funding the remake of brands, to just give the money to the designer used to design for the old brand and help create their own iconic label. Paglialunga is obviously talented, why not give him his chance to create something new that doesn't involve reworking the DNA of an old house. Does anyone else wonder what Nicholas Ghesquiere's work would look like without the towering silhouette of Cristobal Balenciaga in the background?

14. mikeijames

mikeijames no tom ford, no thanks.

some artists flourish more when toiling for another house. ghesquiere stands as one of those figures as does elbaz. some designers do well doing both; withness marc jacobs, michael kors, derek lam, lagerfeld, gaultier, galliano, et al. then, there exist those who can just design for themselves.

personally, i feel that if one has a passion for a thing, it's best to go after that passion. it's clear that designers like ghesquiere does not have a passion for his own work, but in the continuing of things past.

unfortunately, in the business of fashion, one has to have a great curriculum vitae before convincing any investor worth his salt to part with hundreds of thousands of dollars to fund a label. i tend to think that people like lars nilsson, peter dundas and olivier theyskens fall victim to this business.

15. Jamess

Jamess New Member

After looking at this for a while I love it even more, my favourite Resort collection along with Celine. I think Paglialunga's is the only 'modern' take on a Vionnet revival so far, and having done a lot of research on Vionnet over about 3 years, probably the closest to her way of creating than any of the other attempts.

You can TELL he has read every article/book about her (as he claims) and not just picked some archive pictures to 'reinterpret' (Kokosalaki).

I so dont understand the bitchy comments, and Im SO glad there were no floor-length bias-cut satin goddess dresses like everyone seems to be expecting. Its unfortunate that Vionnet is only remembered for that phase in her work.

16. XavierRaphael

XavierRaphael New Member

I think it's a pretty good modern take on Vionnet.
    I'm gonna cut the designer some slack seeing as he was just an assistant.
    He'll improve. I have some faith in this, its an amazing label, id like to see it flourish.

17. fashionista-ta

fashionista-ta Well-Known Member

The skirt of look #3 looks like a sagging diaper :ninja: No one can accuse him of not trying hard :innocent:

18. fashionista-ta

fashionista-ta Well-Known Member

To me it looks like a good attempt ... at a senior project. This doesn't look like professional level work to me.

19. XavierRaphael

XavierRaphael New Member

In good time i'm sure the designer will blossom.
    I mean do they have much experience other than being an assistant,
    i'm sure the company sees something we don't. I'll wait for the Spring collection to truly judge.

20. knockturnal

knockturnal New Member

it's almost right but just so wrong!